- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 24 Jun 17
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
• Rapid Development of tactical and strategic tools for financial engineering and sales desks.
• Daily support/monitoring of tools (Tests & Build factory).
• Business analysis of desk needs and design solution architecture.
• Interaction with non-front facing department, such as R&D or other ITEC entities.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Address any needs at a business analysis, software architecture and development level that involve rapid intervention with strong IT capabilities.
• Communication with engineers and sales in order to collect and synthesize desk needs and participate to the development of all the tools developed for ENG, Sales and clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Act as a business analyst and software architect to advise and address the needs of the business where an intervention with IT capabilities is required.
• Understand the business requirements and risk/R&D models in order to develop upon them.
• Architect complex software using Service Oriented Architecture.
• Be able to manage development lifecycle autonomously.
• Agile development process. (Tests, Continuous delivery, Build Factory, deployment tool)
• Follow technological and open source projects developments and import those which make sense for the desk.
• Participate to infrastructure support. (Tests, build factory, service monitoring, log monitoring, etc.)
• Act as a team player by sharing knowledge with teammates, creating documentation on project and participating to team meeting with teams in London, NY and HK.
• Participate to weekly meeting (KR: 10).
• Present technological developments and attend conference when possible (KR: 7).
• Manage tasks delegated by manager on a daily basis (KR: 1, 5).
• Participate to meeting with business upon manager request (KR: 2, 3).
• Manage the communication with clients over a projects development (KR: 2, 5), Controlled by meeting minutes and feedbacks from clients.
• Develop using Agile methodologies (KR: 6, 8) controlled by tests, code coverage statistics, build factory status, and deployment process.
• Propose technical and architectural solution upon request. (KR: 3, 4). Controlled by architecture schema and documentation on algorithm implementation.
• Participate to the team life by presenting projects and tools. Controlled by feedbacks from peers (KR: 10).
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The developer will be alone on EQD in London, as the rest of the team is in Paris. He/she will have a good level of autonomy, and will work directly with his clients (Engineering & Sales) to establish priorities.
• Object oriented development, preferably Python (2+ years).
• Agile development techniques (Software craftsmanship, DevOps, Continuous delivery) (2 years).
• Front-Office or RAD experience.
• Knowledge of Equity Option business a plus.
• Strong programming skills (asynchronous programming, service oriented architecture) (2 years).
• Autonomous and team development experience.
• Exposition to clients (Communication).
• Ability to monitor and import technological developments and open source projects.
• Front to back development experience (Full Stack).
• Focus on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.