EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Pre-Sales Consultant
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
The Pre-Sales Consultant is a product and market specialist, working within Ambit Treasury and Risk Sales team in the I&W segment. The role will involve working closely with the sales team and clients in order to manage client requirements and expectations throughout the sales process, but also to elaborate the most suitable solutions.
The Pre-Sales Consultant is a highly motivated individual who can successfully work with all levels in an organization to successfully deliver key messages about the SunGard solution suite via presentation and product demonstration. The Pre-Sales Consultant will be based in London and will be reporting directly to the EVP of Sales.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for IT solutions and experience of implementing solutions in the Credit Risk Management space. The ideal candidate will be a business analyst or implementation consultant looking to transition into a technical presales role.
The Pre-Sales Consultant’s primary role is to deliver the business, functional and technical features of the product, with the core objective of successfully supporting the sales organization. This includes the following tasks:
- Deliver sales presentations and solution demonstrations, and provide coverage at annual trade shows and client events
- Provide technical expertise in the pre-sales process in collaboration with sales team
- Identify and qualify clients’ business and functional requirements in order to obtain initial project estimates, identify solution gaps after gathering clients’ requirements and communicate back to product management
- Respond to RFI’s / RFP / client queries in a timely and professional manner
- Develop new business opportunities across FIS segments, join other business unit for comprehensive demonstrations and interface with the product management, professional services, support and development organizations
- As a market expert, be aware of industry trends, customer and market drivers and regulatory initiatives; understand the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market, read trade and industry journals to keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives.
The successful candidate will come from a software, financial services or consultancy background and will have strong Credit Risk / ALM / Liquidity Risk domain knowledge along with strong IT skills and an in-depth understanding of Microsoft technologies. The successful candidate will need to be ambitious, hard-working and self-motivated, looking to assume more responsibility as they gain experience in the role.
Essential experience required:
- Proven experience within the Financial Services, Management Consultancy or IT Sectors, working as a Presales Consultant, Business Analyst or as Implementation Services Consultant.
- Experience of implementing/developing/supporting IT solutions in one or more of the following areas: Basel Regulatory Reporting, Credit Assessment, ALM, Liquidity Risk, Portfolio Management
- Bachelors degree, ideally in an Analytical discipline (Maths, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance)
- Strong all round Credit Risk / ALM domain knowledge
- Good knowledge of Banking regulations related to Risk (e.g. Basel III, CRD IV)
- Good understanding of the Commercial Credit Assessment process from Financial Spreading to the development of Risk Rating/PD/LGD models
- Intermediate to advanced SQL querying skills
- Strong knowledge of the SQL Server database platform
- Experience of working with large data models containing metadata
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and Powerpoint)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience of building reports using any well known reporting tools (e.g. SSRS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects)
- Understanding of the Loan Origination from a process/workflow perspective from loan application to disbursement of funds
- Understanding of Interest Rate Risk / Liquidity Risk management in retail/commercial banks
- General knowledge of the Microsoft IIS Web Server and Windows Server platform (2008 and above)
- Experience with using the SQL Server Analysis Services (SSRS) platform
- Experience with any of the following types of solutions: Asset & Liability Management, Loan Origination, Performance Measurement, Operational Risk
- Masters Degree in analytical discipline, Financial Services related Professional Qualifications
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Self starter and quick learner
- Can work independently but also as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivation and motivation / inspiration of others
- Strong willingness to travel all across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). Approximately 50% of the candidate’s time will be spent travelling.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.