- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- The Emerald Group
- 23 Sep 16
My client is looking to hire someone into their London based team due to expansion.
To support the Investment Management and Treasury team by
(1) monitoring the portfolio construction and guideline compliance of all assets managed by third party asset managers
(2) managing day-to-day operational interactions with such managers, and
(3) preparing monthly reports on the performance of external portfolios. To identify and analyse new investment product ideas and opportunities. To monitor financial market developments and the potential impact on investments held in the investment portfolio.
• Monitor day-to-day compliance of all externally managed investments and ongoing developments within those portfolios. This will range from understanding changes to “liquid” investment portfolios (e.g. bond portfolios) through to examining new opportunities proposed in “illiquid” portfolios (e.g. CRE loans, infrastructure debt, property).
• Considering the performance of external managers against the backdrop of their respective investment objectives and developments in financial markets. Preparing inserts for the monthly reporting pack covering each of the portfolios monitored.
• Managing the day-to-day relationship with external managers, namely supervising any instructions issued (cash calls, realised gains/losses, compliance rectification), managing any issues arising (e.g. queries regarding guideline interpretation, timeliness of delivery of accounting and MI reports etc) and ensuring the guidelines and authority framework remain up-to-date.
• Monitoring financial market developments and assessing the impact of such developments on existing portfolios, the current asset strategy and potential opportunities to improve further the expected risk adjusted return from the portfolio.
• Assist in the delivery of budgeted income targets, identifying and proposing the most appropriate action with regard to the externally managed portfolios.
• Provide detailed and timely analysis and contribution into:
o new investment ideas presented by asset management houses and investment banks;
o ad-hoc requests from the Board and Investment Committee members relating to the investment portfolio
• Work closely with the Risk and Capital Management teams to ensure a strong alignment of interests and understanding of investment activities and capital / risk limit utilisation. Assist with production of investment information for capital modelling, Solvency II, budget and forecasting, and other ad-hoc requests.
• Minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) Degree in a numerate subject, CFA would be a strong advantage
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a credit analyst role or role where you had deal pricing/valuatiuons experience
• Strong knowledge across a range of investment asset classes (e.g. fixed income, property, loans)
• Strong analytical and data manipulation & interpretation skills including excellent spreadsheet skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to formulate and communicate coherent arguments clearly and succinctly
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to take initiative and responsibility for investment decisions