Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
A Digital Platform Lead based in London. You will need to be a technical professional who is also an effective communication skills. You will need an expertise in delivering leading edge digital experiences for this role.
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 6 domains: Investment, Distribution, Product; Corporate, Wealth and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders’ Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital is a group closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
The Digital Platform Lead is an experienced technical lead with the ability to manage the build of solutions using the latest digital technologies. The role requires a highly capable technology professional and effective communicator who can bring extensive expertise in delivering leading-edge digital experiences. The individual will work in a cross-functional agile team and as part of a group of agile teams, defining web stack strategy for those teams, designing and building new scalable and sustainable systems and services and enhancing and refactoring legacy solutions.
Recent knowledge of current technical capabilities and examples of managing Digital delivery in the following areas is critical,
- .NET stack / .NET MVC. / SQL Server applications
- Microservices apps and architecture
- Service Fabric & Messaging
- SPAs (REACT and/or AngularJS)
- no-SQL DB engines
- Technical exposure and examples of being involved in the Digital delivery in some of these areas would be advantageous,
- Enterprise content management system development eg: EPiServer, Sitecore, AEM etc
- Marketing automation systems eg: Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo etc.
- Exposure to and use of analytics platforms, CDPs, DMPs, advertising platforms, SEO and SEM tools, cIAM/IAM platforms, workflow tools, event platforms, quality management tools, and video platforms
- Cloud native apps, containers and cloud hosting via Azure/AWS.
- Visual Studio, Git, TFS, TeamCity, Octopus, etc. development / DevOps tools.
- Restful APIs.
- TDD/BDD methodology
- Full stack application performance management techniques and strategy.
- MEAN stack.
- HTML5, CSS3, responsive design.
- Bootstrap and/or Foundation frameworks.
- Implementing CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS etc).
- Progressive web app development.
- Test frameworks and tools (Karma, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Protractor, Gherkin, Selenium etc).
- UX, IA and UCD methodology experience.
- DesignOps / Design Systems workflows.
- Front-end build tools (NPM, Bower, Gulp etc).
Credentials and Attributes
- Experience in managing Digital technical delivery
- Prior experience as a lead developer
- Highly effective, pro-active, stakeholder, customer and vendor collaboration skills.
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Inspiring, collaborative and agile approach.
- Innovative and continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
- Agile certification. Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.