PMO - Equity Swaps Trading - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Jun 17
See job description for details
A PMO is required for a Tier 1 investment bank supporting the Delta One Structured Products IT group. This is a global front-office team that supports the global OTC Equity Swap Portfolio, Single Name, and Index derivative businesses. We are designing a complete restructure of the Equity Swaps trading platform, and this particular role requires a strong PMO who is comfortable operating in complex technical environments.
The role will require the candidate to work closely with global technical managers within the team to solve problems that combines both finance and technology. This is an exciting hands-on role for a self-starter who has a thirst for new challenges as well as new technologies.
The team and role is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to grow, learn and develop.
- You will supporting a wide range of Equity Front Office projects, managing budgets and forecasting, and driving the delivery of projects according to plan.
- You will be carrying out reporting and governance duties in this area as well as developing project plans
- Be required to manage issues and risks and coordinate the efforts of the development and QA teams.
- This role is predominately working as a PMO but there will be aspects of the job which lean towards a more Project Management role.
- Previous experience working in a similar role/environment as a PMO.
- Knowledge and experience in software development lifecycle and project management methodologies (i.e. Agile).
- An interest to learn the Equity Swaps business supported by the applications
- Proficient in project management software (eg. Microsoft Project)
- Ability to develop strong relationships with development teams and delivery managers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and proactively follow up with delivery managers and quality assurance testers to ensure timely delivery
- Excellent reporting skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Some background in Computer Science would be advantageous but not mandatory!
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1