Operations & Investments Analyst, Robotics Fund, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- RoboCap LLP
- 01 Aug 17
The RoboCap Fund is a London based pioneer in robotics and automation investment. Founded in 2015, it has successfully launched a listed equity fund focusing on companies which have a high degree of exposure to the underlying robotics and automation mega-trend. The investment universe includes companies involved in industrial robotics, drones, autonomous vehicles, general automation, surgical robots, 3D printing and artificial intelligence. The RoboCap UCITS Fund started in January 2016 and has had strong a performance and asset growth since inception.
With this success, the fund is looking to expand the team with one or potentially two additional full- time hires in functions such as operations, compliance and investment research.
Our ideal candidate would already be passionate and knowledgeable about disruptive technology and especially robotics. The role will be mainly focused on operations but also includes investment research, (depending on the skills of the candidate) and could evolve as the company grows. The aim is to hire a multi-tasking employee who could handle all operational aspects of the company. This person should already be regulated by the FCA or have the required qualifications for the CF30 function.
- Overseeing and improving the trade execution process for Equities, FX and Derivatives
- Compliance function with the support of external consultants
- Risk management
- Co-ordination with third parties providing outsourced functions (IT, accounting, web-presence and distribution among others) and the rest of the team (Advisory Board of robotics experts, fund platform)
- Potential to also become more involved in the investment research side of the fund or the distribution
Basic Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience (we are also open senior profiles)
- University graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree in Economics, Finance, Maths, Business, Sciences or other quantitative backgrounds from a highly-regarded University
- Candidates with a CFA or ACA or working towards are preferred
- CF30 or required qualifications to be approved as such
- Strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Hard working and motivated to run the extra mile
- Proficient in Excel and some programming skills ideally (especially VBA)
- Written and oral fluency in English. Candidates that are also fluent in Japanese and/or other Asian languages such as Korean and Mandarin are highly desirable as well.
- Candidates should be eligible to work in the U.K.
The position is available immediately. The salary and compensation package are to be discussed and will depend on the profile of the candidate.
Please send CV's to email@example.com, for more information about the fund please see www.robocapfund.com