Operational Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MERJE Ltd
- 22 Sep 16
The role will involve working in collaboration with the Head of risk to identify, assess and monitor risk across the company with a large focus on operational risk.
Job Title: Operational Risk manager.
Job Description: The role will involve working in collaboration with the Head of risk to identify, assess and monitor risk across the company with a large focus on operational risk.
The Client: Our client is a leading investment firm that offer innovative investment solutions to UK investors.
- You will be required to analyse temporary and emerging risks as a result of internal change, growth and external events, including ensuring timely updates to process maps, procedures manuals and risk maps where required.
- You will need to liaise with relevant departments following reported loss events and near miss incidents to determine the root cause and evaluate the business risk arising from such incidents.
- Devise and recommend process and control improvements necessary to reduce operational risk highlighted by reported incidents
- Manage the data contained in the Incident Management System and prepare clear, concise and accurate incident reports for internal committees and boards.
- Undertake ad hoc business risk reviews as required, advising on business processes, incident history and risk trends.
- Prepare and analyse data for operational risk stress testing including scenarios, and assess the results and impact
Other responsibilities include:
- Solid experience in the financial services industry in a similar capacity
- It would also be beneficial if applicants are able to demonstrate a strong background in risk and control within the Asset Management industry.
- Ability to work closely with Senior Management with a flexible and adaptable approach, being robust where necessary.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Sab Muthusamy on 0203 637 1607 or send through your CV to email@example.com
Salary: £60,000-£80,000 (basic + package)