Middle office Market Risk Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
This is a middle office market risk management role which ensures the Regulatory Compliance of our European entities. The MRMO function at Nomura provides governance and control of Nomura's Market Risk Management department. The role looks at the supervision of the end to end production of VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM, Stress Scenarios and similar processes in line with the terms of Nomura's IMA permission waiver.
We provide a unique and supportive environment:
A collaborative approach
A trusted, empathetic and inclusive team
Key focus for success:
- Execution of MRMO business processes in line with Nomura's Market Risk procedures (Daily Sign off / Adjustments / Market Risk Add On / NEHS Capital Assurance)
- The successful candidate will also run projects and take ownership for Delivery of management, capitol and regulatory reporting in line with firm wide governance and regulation (BCBS239, FDSF)
- Delivery of continual process improvements to address procedural control gaps (self-identified RCSA / Audit point)
- Monitoring of the service levels / issues / problems encountered with the Risk Infrastructure used to produce the Market Risk Metrics with Production Services team.
- Senior stakeholder management / interaction (Executive Director / Managing Director level)
- Established peer relationships with the Market Risk Management team
- Established point of contact for MRMO EMEA daily viewpoints and escalations
- Delivery of revisions to MRMO procedure / operating models / resources as required by upcoming regulatory and strategic projects
What skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge do I need?
Whilst attitude is most important, there are naturally some essential skills we are looking for:
- Degree (or equivalent) preferably within a quantitative subject, postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM and CQF) preferable
- Experience of Financial Services Risk Management or Middle Office / Operations function including end to end trade lifecycle / data flows.
- Proficient knowledge of risk management methodologies (e.g. VaR, Risk Capital, Stress Testing)
- Management accountability of operational business processes, preferably within a regulated financial services environment
- Team management and stakeholder interaction at Director level and aboveDesirable
- Experience of regulated capital reporting regimes
- Strong technical data interpretation skills and used of tools such as Excel / VBA / Python / SQL
- Cross region matrix team management and peer working
- Project management skills and exposure to medium to large scale business change initiatives