Manager, Futures Clearing and Position Management (London)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
See Job Description
What is the opportunity?
This is a newly created role for a Manager of the Clearing and Position Management team which has four prime responsibilities:
Ensuring accurate allocation of house and client trades across Global exchanges within exchange and clearing time frames
Position management of Client and House positions approaching last trading day and expiry day
Processing Exercise and Assignments on all European exchanges for both house and client accounts.
Process physical delivery all ETD products including LME warrants .
What will you do?
- - To ensure the smooth running and accuracy of daily clearing on Futures and Option exchanges and clearing houses
- - Managing the timely settlement of deliveries and expiries
- - Managing exercise and assignment process
- - Reporting open interest to the market.
- - Processing of Physical deliveries, such as metals/Softs and securities.
- - Responsible for monitoring all exchange flows and matching deadlines
- - Identifying key risks and adapting controls as necessary
- - Ensure that all staff under supervision work correctly and efficiently within the RBC control environment and that all procedures are adhered to.
- - To liaise with other RBC offices to resolve trade issues.
- - Complete and update procedures periodically
- - Performing Management checks and controls
- - Training of staff members within the group
- - Goal and objective setting and performing staff appraisals
- - Managing special projects and new initiatives
- - Setting departmental strategy
- - Managing escalation points
What do you need to succeed?
- - Good GCSE’s / A levels
- - Good experience and understanding of the major Future exchanges
- - Good experience and understanding Deliveries processing
- - Knowledge of Rolfe & Nolan
- - Knowledge and understanding of Clearvision/Seals
- - Good experience and understanding of Exchange and Delivery Systems
- - Knowledge of Excel, word and PowerPoint.
- - Experience of managing a team including ability to motivate staff and drive high performance
- - To demonstrate a calm, logical approach to all situations
- - Be able to deal with Front Office and client demands
- - Be able to work well under pressure
- - Good attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.