Lead Digital Web Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Grade 5
The Digital Web Manager is responsible for maintaining the Bank's non-Retail websites including adding new features, updating content, editing navigation, and ongoing optimisation for search and experience. You'll work with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced digital environment, acting as the liaison between IT and the business ensuring requirements are understood and delivered to, and stakeholders kept informed and engaged.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of Digital Web Managers, acting as the liaison between the business and ITO.
- Ensure smooth operation of end-to-end digital experience including web publishing and maintenance of onboarding forms in strict adherence to minimum control standards (MCS).
- Act as a stakeholder and key contributor to projects related to web domains for non-Retail.
- Responsible for establishing and overseeing the governance model for non-Retail websites, in collaboration with colleagues from Digital Banking.
- Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, and vendors to ensure sites are aligned with the brand and meet web standards.
- Market and present web / digital strategies to diverse audiences.
- Manage on-going content updates including loading marketing campaigns, updating daily information such as fees and interest rates, updating product offerings, or regulatory alerts and notices in line with Group guidelines and best practice, and in line with service level agreement.
- Ensure implementation is fully tested, working functionally and perfect visually according to requirements.
- Assist UI Designers to plan and implement web strategy.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders in Group and country teams to align expectations, compile and prioritise requests into an operational roadmap, and work with ITO team to implement them via a managed book of work.
- Lead effective tagging of analytics tools and experience tracking capabilities across authenticated and non-authenticated experiences, including automation of inputs from multiple organisational teams.
- Oversee exceptional quality in keeping with best practices such as optimised static assets, awareness of browser compatibility, proper functional URL structures or headers where needed, continuous housekeeping of 404 pages or missing information.
- Discover, diagnose, and fix website problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies.
- Assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to quickly assess the problem, and find an appropriate solution.
- Support others in problem solving in order to generate ideas and solutions.
- Liaise with Client Experience Lab to receive ongoing inputs and recommend optimisations to client experience.
- Head, Group External Communications
- Line of business and functions stakeholders including Corporate & Instituitional Banking, Human Resources
- Digital Banking
- Vendor partners
Qualifications and Skills
- Viewpoint on things such as hamburger menus, flex box, or Foundation vs. Bootstrap.
- Experience in devising Information Architecture for global websites operating in multiple geographies.
- Familiarity with multilingual web development is a must, including good understanding of the vagaries of Arabic, Chinese or Thai.
- Ability to lead projects, and prioritise and pool multiple ideas presented in diverse requests.
- Working knowledge of best practices such as image spriting, or optimisation tools such as Grunt, and their impact on the digital experience for humans and non-humans such as search engines.
- Awareness of content delivery networks such as CloudFront, EdgeCast or Akamai FEO/ESI.
- Hands-on familiarity with content management platforms such as Interwoven, Wordpress, or Adobe CQ5.
- Exposure to emerging asynchronous technologies such as Angular or Backbone.
- Good aesthetic taste in web design including the use of white spacing, typography, line height, carousels, icons.
- Innate passion for keeping on top of ever-changing technology stack.
- Ability to project manage and develop relationships with multiple vendors and third party service providers.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure managing multiple requests from multiple stakeholders with competing timeframes.
- Business level proficiency in English in both verbal and written.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/06/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.