Junior Research Analyst
- £25k+ depending on experience (plus pension entitlement, private healthcare & discretionary bonus)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Absolute Return Partners
- 15 Sep 17
ARP’s investment team is responsible for actively researching, identifying, performing due diligence, investing in and monitoring a range of third-party alternative investment managers, focusing particularly on more esoteric asset classes. We are currently looking to add an investment analyst to the team.
Junior research analyst whose role will be to support the wider investment team.
- Quantitative/qualitative screening of new potential managers which are generally in less mainstream alternative asset classes.
- Maintenance of performance and risk metric databases.
- Maintenance and development of cap intro contacts & ARP manager database.
- Meetings with investment managers – identifying and arranging meetings; summarising notes and opinions post meetings.
- Minuting Research and Investment Committee meetings.
- Preparing document packages for research trips, client trips and other meetings.
- Ad hoc research for the preparation of the Absolute Return Letter.
- Provide cover for the analyst pool.
- Education & Experience Minimum 2:1 BA/BSc with strong academic record.
- Strong analytical/quant skills.
- Able to take evidenced based views and to multi-task.
- High attention to detail.
- IT skills – database management, risk systems; excellent Excel knowledge.
- Organised, proactive self-starter.
- Excellent note-taking skills.
- Language skills also appreciated.
ARP is an independent investment management firm with a focus on niche alternatives. It is a relatively small team and so the successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of the business. More information available at www.arpinvestments.com
£25k+ depending on experience (plus pension entitlement, private healthcare & discretionary bonus)