Junior Developer / Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Horizon Asset LLP
- 26 Sep 16
Horizon Asset LLP, an independent long established alternative asset management company with offices in London, Tokyo and Hong Kong is looking for a Programmer Analyst to join its Information Technology function team in London.
The company manages assets on behalf of a wide range of institutional investors using a non-market directional equities investment strategy. The firm has established through its long history a robust approach to risk management, making use of state of the art quantitative analysis in conjunction with market understanding to meet ever changing challenges.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing software applications designed to increase productivity, workflow, and capabilities for front, middle, and back-office business areas
- Writing design documents and specifications for new business applications
- Troubleshooting, documenting, and maintaining applications and associated systems
- Improving automation on existing systems
To be considered, you should meet the following criteria:
- Programming experience in a buy-side, sell-side, or financial technology firm
- Excellent knowledge of C# and/or Java
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Basic Excel and VBA skills are desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent work ethics and trustworthy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; candidate will be working with a global team across offices, and will also need to work directly with end users in multiple business teams
The ideal candidate will have or be willing to gain expertise in any of the following areas:
- Business domain knowledge: equity trading, operations / settlements, P&L, risk, compliance and,
- Systems domain knowledge: electronic trading systems (OMS/EMS familiarity), real-time market data platforms, historical market data, securities reference data
SELECTION / INTERVIEW PROCESS
The interview process will include coding tests.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Closing date: Friday, 21 October 2016
C#, Java, SQL, alternative asset management, asset management, hedge fund, IT, programming, developer