Junior Business Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Aug 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as a Business Manager, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The role holder will be accountable for the effective execution of people agenda to enable business performance. In partnership with HR, you will manage the talent process over a global remit and help to drive strategic initiatives to enhance people development. The role will also support the EXCO with people matters and guidance as required. The role is the primary point of interface with Global HR and Global Communications.
In this role, you will:
- Solve issues in order to remove roadblocks, accelerate progress, maintain team engagement and deliver targeted results
- Contributes to the development of people related business plans and drives the strategy to achieve
- Handles high level headcount management across the function
- Manages the talent process across the global remit in partnership with HR
- Supports function EXCO on people matters and people strategy as required
- Manages HQ staff directly and supports all people matters for this population (inlcuding people iniatives, market matching, business continuity, recruitment support etc as required)
- In partnership with Global Cpommunications, drive communications strategy for the function and cascade key messaging as appropriate.
- Use available tools to monitor employee enagegement and feed into strategy to develop engagement across the function.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working within a Global matrix environment working across cultures
- Stakeholder management skills and proven influencing ability
- Ability to navigate organizations, policies, processes and situations successfully
- Problem solving skills and ability to provide creative solutions in pressurized environments
- Attention to detail and decision making skills
- Significant time within a People focused role(s) within a corporate environment
- Experience with Communications, especially executive communications, including strategy, drafting and Townhall management as required
- Financial Services experience preferred but not required
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 000093YY.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.