Java eTrading Quantitative Developer - Global Investment Bank - £100-150K Total
- £100-150K total
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 07 Sep 16
Quantitative developer / researcher position in small team of researchers and developers. Business-reporting line means less politics, opportunity to make bigger impact on business, and significantly better earning potential
My client is an independent team of < 5 researchers and developers within a Tier 1 investment bank, focusing on electronic trading of credit products. This team work closely with trading and sales teams, and are facilitating the company-wide systematization of trading in this product area. They are responsible for developing the platform as well as the automated market making and hedging algorithms.
The team are currently looking to hire an experienced software engineer with an interest in mathematical modelling. The ideal candidate will likely have between 1- years of commercial experience.
Responsibilities will primarily involve programming work on a distributed system, mostly using Java. The role will subsequently evolve into a more hybrid research and development role, to include mathematical research and modelling.
- Exceptional academic background in scientific discipline: mathematics, physics, computer science, etc.
- Strong object oriented programming skills in one or more of: Java, C++, C#.NET, Python
- Strong applied mathematics skillset: statistics, machine learning,
- Experience working with large datasets
- Demonstrable passion for mathematics and programming: Olympiads and competitions, open source projects, etc.
If you are interested to apply or ask any questions, please contact me on:
+447 909 006 224