Java Developer - Rates Pricing Team - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Jun 17
Java Developer role within the Rate Pricing Team here in London
As part of the Rates Technology business, the Rates Pricing Team provides a bond pricing and trading system that is used by over forty traders. The application runs in London and the majority of the supported traders are in London, so the role is based in Canary Wharf in London.The role is for an Associate level developer to join the small team consisting of Business Analyst, Senior Developer, Infrastructure engineer, Integration engineer and team leader. Although the primary focus is on development, the role requires skills across the whole software lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, delivery and support. Projects are owned end-to-end by the team and are a mixture of co-operative and individual ownership.The development covers both front end GUI development and back-end processes to support the GUI and some stand-alone applications to manipulate data, send reports, perform calculations, interact with other systems and publish data. Required skills
- Intermediate Java
- Familiarity with SQL
- Design and architecture experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn
- Team player
- Java multi-threading
- Java performance coding principles
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Junit, Jenkins, GIT, maven
- Business knowledge of bond pricing
- Testing experience
- Application Analysis
- Issue Investigation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Development, deployment and maintenance
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery.
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery
- Ability to stay calm under high pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels (developer, team leader, trader)
- Intermediate Excel including formulas, macros and VBA.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.