Java Developer – Client Portfolio Risk and Margin – VP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Jun 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley's Client Portfolio Risk and Margin team is responsible for managing all Client Risk across PB Hedge Funds, OTC Derivatives, Listed, Commodities and FX desks. We build highly complex multi-asset class margining policies and solutions around big data and distributed computing. There is broad exposure to various hedge fund strategies, complex data analytics and quantitative problems across asset classes and opportunity to work on next generation architecture of our Risk and Margins platform.
We are a global team of 50 developers based out of New York, London, Hong Kong, Budapest and India. We collectively work on strategic projects that enable Morgan Stanley to provide sophisticated margin policies for top-tier hedge funds trading sophisticated strategies.
- You will work on strategic initiatives to renovate our client offering for Margins and Real-Time Risk Analytics.
- We are looking for innovative ideas around both system architecture and visualizations.
- One of your key focuses will be interfacing with our regional Risk managers to build cutting edge margining solutions directly impacting our top-tier clients.
- You will be responsible for direct business face-off and developing our dev strategy.
- You should be confident working autonomously as well as part of a global team.
- You will be using your hands-on technical skills to add core functionality to our Market Risk management systems.
Skills required (essential):
- Core Java (Ideally 8.0) experience.
- Distributed caching strategies, concurrent programming, distributed computing and testing frameworks.
- Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable.
- While prior financial background is not required, a high degree of motivation to learn, innovate and work independently is essential.
- Google Protocol Buffers, Rest, IBM MQ.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-LT1