Java Developer/Software Engineer – High Frequency Trading/Systematic Trading – Data Processing – KAFKA, NoSQL
- £DOE + Excellent Bonus Potential
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sartre Group
- 19 Sep 16
Excellent opportunity for a Java developer wanted to join a data processing software development team interacting directly with traders & data scientists to build innovative, market leading solutions.
A Global hedge fund has a requirement for several Java developers to join their data processing team who are responsible for understanding, processing & organising large research & real-time data sets. The team processes tick data in real time, whilst importing exotic data sets from a variety of 3rd party providers.
The platform provides data 24 hours a day & all Java Developers have a responsibility to support the production issues encountered whilst also interacting with the traders & other business users to understand the requirements & build industry leading solutions.
- Designing and implementing high-quality code to process and manipulate large datasets.
- Building cutting-edge tools and infrastructure supporting core facilities in the firm.
- Occasional full stack development – even though we’re primarily a backend team.
- Optimising data storage and modelling.
- Responding to the ever-changing requirements of the business.
- A proven ability to develop high-quality software in Java.
- An appreciation of good software architecture, Computer Science fundamentals & data structures.
- Demonstrable understanding of database design and use, or other data management techniques, both relational and non-relational.
- Experience with SOA, distributed systems.
- Experience of TDD and the ability to write clean code.
- Experience of agile methodologies and a familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes.
- A demonstrable desire to stay informed on the latest technologies and practices.
- A keen interest in applying continuous delivery principles.
This is an excellent opportunity for developers to build an understanding of Trading whilst working in a technically innovative environment.