- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 16
Siemens Financial Services (SFS) are currently recruiting for an experienced Equity Investment Associate for the Energy Equity Team in their London office. The Investment Manager will be part of a team focused on identifying, evaluating, structuring and executing individual equity investments with a size of € 10 to € 150m with a Siemens angle; strong focus for the role will be on detailed financial modelling and an excellent understanding of project finance.
Siemens Bank – London (EC2N)
Salary: £Competitive inc bonus, pension, 26 days leave, share purchase, additional flexible benefits
The London Equity Team is part of the global SFS Equity team [KK1] and covers Energy projects with a special focus on Renewable Energy [KK2] projects.
What are my responsibilities?
- Analyse and evaluate investment opportunities from a commercial as well as a risk perspective.
- As part of the deal team, develop[KK3] structures and solutions for investment in energy-related infrastructure projects.
- As part of the deal team, negotiate[KK4] with project stakeholders such as co-investors and project finance lenders, but also power off-takers or governmental/regulatory bodies
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as Investment Committees, Portfolio Management Teams but also interact with colleagues from the technological supply side on joint opportunities.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Demonstrable and lengthy experience in international project finance, be it in a Project Finance Bank, a Financial Advisory boutique, major international accounting firm or similar institution active in the project finance space.
- Strong financial modelling capabilities– building & reviewing of models, including simulating business plans, implementing equity as well as project debt financing structures and extensive stress testing
- Interpersonal skills – interacting confidently with stakeholders such as investment partners, advisers, lenders as well as the internal Siemens organisation.
- Team Player – become an integral part of a dedicated team of investment professionals and the bigger community of Energy Finance within SFS
- Intercultural sensitivity – as the role is an international one, ability to interact with stakeholders with various cultural backgrounds and in international locations is important.
- Fluent English is essential, further languages (e.g. German or Spanish) are an advantage.
Siemens Financial Services are an international financial services provider that serves clients with their business-to-business financing needs. They combine a wide range of innovative financial products and solutions, with an in-depth market competence built over the last 150 years delivering an approach which adds real value.