Infrastructure Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Man Group
- 09 Sep 16
The Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for supporting the project management tasks of the Infrastructure area within Technology to deliver solutions across Man Group. The Infrastructure group looks after the firm's data centres, network, servers, databases, storage and end-user devices.
- Be an active member of one or more project teams supporting them in project management tasks such as planning, reporting, reviews etc.
- Take ownership for producing and maintaining project plans & backlogs
- Report on progress to line manager & stakeholders, escalating issues promptly and ensuring a high level of transparency
- Assist with driving projects through to completion escalating issues and solving 'blockers'
- Support the Infrastructure management team by ensuring the Infrastructure components of the Programme Plan & status reports are up to date
- Work with other Project Managers across Technology to define and embed a common project and programme management approach across the department.
- Assist Infrastructure Managers with engagement with development teams, application support teams and third party suppliers
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Be seen as trusted technology partner with business product owners
- Produce user guides and train business users on new software.
- Liaise and provide support to end users for user acceptance testing as required
- Collaborating effectively with other teams when delivering cross-business team, cross-technology team solutions
- Comply with any audit requirements
- Promote and demonstrate a collaborative "firm first" approach to working
- Self-organised with the ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects and with competing business demands and priorities
- Positive attitude, approaches tasks with enthusiasm, challenges requirements appropriately
- Ideally Degree educated
- Commercial experience working within a technology team
- Able to evidence successful delivery of Infrastructure projects covering one or more of the following: Data centres, networks, servers (Windows or Linux), storage, messaging, desktops
- Demonstrable knowledge of the financial industry would be beneficial though not a must
- Proficient knowledge of office applications, especially excel and use of formulae
- Experience of building and executing delivery plans
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Reasonable technical knowledge of one or more Infrastructure disciplines: networks, Windows, Linux, storage, desktops etc.
- Delivery focused approach
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with traders, fund managers and IT people alike
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views