IT Solutions Analyst (Retail Banking)
- £35,000 - £55,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Multinational Consultancy and Technology group (in the Global Top 10), with 214,600 employees and Offices Worldwide. At Everis Consultancy UK the Banking Sector is growing fast and we are looking for strong Retail Banking IT Solutions Analysts to join us on our journey on a permanent basis. This will be a client facing role that will allow you to be part of exciting projects within a strong and developing Banking sector.
We are looking for strong IT Solutions Analysts to be part of our Retail Banking teams in multiple business areas. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in one of several exciting IT projects for leading financial institutions, and must demonstrate relevant previous experience in consultancy for IT projects. A good knowledge of all the phases of an IT project, from planning up to development, testing and implementation is mandatory. The candidate must also be able to successfully manage the engagement of multiple stakeholders across numerous teams and business areas and being able to bridge the communication gaps between IT and business teams.
- At least 2yrs experience in consultancy (Financial Services background).
- At least 2yrs experience in IT project delivery.
- Good knowledge of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Strong working knowledge of the following business areas (at least one of the below):
- Online Banking and Digital Sales;
- Corporate Sales;
- Wealth Management;
- Medium or Large integration projects with different technologies.
- Experience in E2E processes for different bank products.
- Capacity to interact with a different teams (Business, Integration, Architecture -Tech and Functional-, Labs)
- Core banking technologies: IBM Mainframe, JCL, SQL, BPM, BW, iClient, Java.
- Experience in leading small teams.
- Spanish is desirable.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work independently and/or on their own initiative.
- Ability to produce high quality written deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to a fast-changing and demanding environment.
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) technical issues to a non-technical business audience.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
· Office Location – London, UK
· Travel to client site is expected on a regular basis.