IT Audit Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- CLS UK Intermediate Holdings Ltd.
- 04 Aug 17
CLS Internal Audit (IA) is an independent division. The IA division provides a comprehensive audit service to the CLS Group of Companies and controls advice to the Board and senior management. The Audit Manager will support the US and UK Heads of Audit in providing risk-based audit coverage and independent assessment of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management across CLS. Internal Audit’s structure is relatively flat and operates more like that of a consultancy, than a traditional bank.
Essential Function – major duties and responsibilities of the job
Perform continuous monitoring of the business (technology), under the direction of audit management, to identify emerging risks and issues and report to audit management and the AFC.
To monitor and review key projects within CLS and highlight any unidentified risks or potential control issues.
• Independently assess risks and controls within the CLS Group of companies and report to management, the AFC and regulators on their adequacy and effectiveness.
• Assist in the development of the annual Audit Plan based on an assessment of the key risks within CLS and continuous review of risks to ensure the plan is amended where appropriate.
• Perform independent validation to confirm management’s remediation of audit and regulatory issues.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with all levels of management and external parties.
• Contribute to complex, ambiguous, non-routine and cross-functional work as required.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of complex audits and high level reviews.
• Ability to travel to perform audits (approx. 1–2 trips per annum).
Proactively maintain knowledge, skills and disciplines, with on-going professional development.
Maintain the professional standard of the Internal Audit function and work within IIA standards/guidelines and the Internal Audit Charter.
Demonstrate adaptability to ensure that the audit focus is maintained on key issues, under the guidance of audit management.
Maintain excellent working relations with CLS stakeholders and colleagues.
CLS Classification: Public Information
Experience – essential / desired for successful job performance
• Extensive experience working within internal or external audit
• Desirable - experience in financial services or a heavily regulated environment
• Sound understanding of IT general controls as well as infrastructure and application controls
• Solid understanding of IT Platforms such as Unix, Windows, AIX, DB2, Citrix
• Desirable – use of COBIT, ITIL, MSP, ISO27x, NIST
Qualifications / certifications- essential / desired for successful job performance
• Degree level education
• Technical certifications required: CISA
• Desirable (technical): CISM, CISSP
• Desirable (auditing/accounting): CIA, CPA
Knowledge, skills and abilities – competencies required for successful job performance
• Ability to provide technical subject matter expertise during integrated operational audits.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Experience of dealing with all levels of management; ability to influence at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience and understanding of regulatory requirements, e.g. FRBNY.
Success factors / ‘How’ – personal characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
• Confident in undertaking and leading audits.
• Must be a strong team player but also be able to work independently.
• Proactive, self-motivated - ability to plan, organise and perform work with minimal supervision.
• Results oriented – able to deliver high quality results in an environment of changing demands, variable workloads and tight timescales.
• Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.
• Innovative problem solving approach. Able to think on a broad scale about issues affecting the company, not just those related to IA or the control environment.
• Able to interpret internal and external issues and recommend solutions/best practices.