IT Architect (based in Brentwood)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Shawbrook Bank
- 29 Sep 16
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products. We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable return, sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks.
The role will shape, lead, innovate and design end-to-end IT solutions for the Bank.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce an architecture standards policy
- Technical design of individual systems/subsystems that form the end-to-end technical solution
- Technical designs meet risks appetite whilst balancing solution costs and total cost of ownership. All solution risks must be documented and accepted by all relevant stakeholders
- Technical design to support the delivery of business requirements including service availability, performance and ongoing capacity
- Provide input into the IT technology roadmap and strategy
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies to determine the suitability for the Bank
- Document and maintain the existing architecture documentation
- Evaluate and communicate the impact of change on the existing architecture to ensure the standards of performance, capacity, security and availability are not compromised
- Mentor more junior members of the Team to enhance their knowledge of the systems and infrastructure and build their technical capability
- Degree desirable
- Microsoft and VMware certifications desirable
- Medium sized IT Department (50+)
- Working with a financial services regulated environment
- Working within a similar role for 2 years’ experience
- Working within a 24/7 availability environment
- Working within a multi-site environment
- Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Microsoft Core technologies (SQL Server, Windows Server, Exchange Server)
- HP Hardware (Storage, backup, server)
- Networking (Cisco, Checkpoint)
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional , well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Closing date: Friday, 14 October 2016