IM EMEA, Team Assistant - Institutional Sales Team
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 24 Sep 16
IM EMEA, Team Assistant - Institutional Sales Team
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon Investment Management's goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.7 trillion AUM and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world's 6 th largest global asset managers and 5 th largest asset manager active in the European marketplace.*
*All data as at 30 June 2016, unless otherwise stated. According to Pensions & Investments, November 2015.
We are currently hiring for a Team Assistant to provide primary support to the Institutional and UK Wholesale teams.
- Incoming mail and telephone management: Answer calls, take messages from contacts, clients and consultants, filter/prioritize all calls and assist the caller where possible
- Sort and prioritise daily correspondence, handling personally as and when appropriate
- Typing letters, reports, memos and meeting notes with minute taking.
- Interact with clients and business partners; handle highly confidential relationships and associated materials
- Meeting and greeting clients and suppliers at reception as required
- Manage expense claims and expenses process
- Maintenance of filing system for documents, general correspondence, reports and presentation papers and archiving records
- Collating management information/reports
- Encourage the use of the absence intranet
- Booking meeting rooms, restaurants, couriers and taxis
- Make travel arrangements through the Company travel provider and arrange itineraries
- General assistance to the team
- IT support
- Ordering of office supplies for the team
- Provide cover for other PAs/TAs as and when required and in accordance with the buddy system
- Prepare and manage agendas for team meetings, organisation of meeting rooms and external guest speakers. Prepare meeting print outs for use in the meeting
- When required, help plan and manage team events
- Proactive diary management where necessary
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the role
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Graduate calibre preferred.
- Flexible approach is essential, team player and proactive to team needs.
- Good communication skills and good telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and accurate record keeping skills essential.
- Self-starter, proactive & polished
- Investment industry experience is a distinct advantage.
- Capable of dealing directly with clients and meeting strict deadlines.
- Proven secretarial/PA/TA experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to apply:
If your profile matches the above requirements and you're looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 50136
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1612036