IM EMEA - RFP Marketing Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 25 Sep 16
IM EMEA - RFP Marketing Associate
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
Senior RFP Marketing Executive Job Purpose: This role entails managing responses to new and existing clients request for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP). The design and completion of new business questionnaires for the BNY Mellon Asset Management International's domestic and international sales teams is the core element of this position. Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate completion of RFPs and RFIs covering the breadth of investment services offered by BNY Mellon's asset manager
- Supplying accurate company data to external consultants on a regular basis and responding to ad hoc requests
- Developing relationships with sales & marketing teams (Institutional, International, Private Client and Wholesale) to understand and support fully their sales & marketing efforts
- Assisting with the capture and maintenance of information/data for inclusion in RFP questionnaires (e.g. AUM, personnel information)
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of systems for the capture of information for inclusion in RFP questionnaires (e.g. PMAPS)
- Liaison with the Database Manager/Consultant Information Specialists to ensure content is accurate, up-to-date and is consistent with the message/positioning across databases and RFPs
- To attain a good knowledge of BNY Mellon's asset managers and their investment services and to keep up-to-date with any new developments/products
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- A knowledge or understanding of RFP production and consultant databases would be desirable
- Good writing skills with the ability to turn complex investment ideas into clear written paragraphs
- Attention to detail, numerate and ability to analyse statistical data
- Ability to prioritise and work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good inter-personal skills. Must be able to interact well with other members of BNY Mellon Asset Management International's staff, both within Investment Information Services and with external/internal clients
- Must be motivated, willing to take initiative and committed to the development of the team
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing Risk
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Good writing skills with the ability to turn complex investment ideas into clear written paragraphs.
- Attention to detail, numerate and ability to analyse statistical data.
- Ability to prioritise and work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good inter-personal skills. Must be able to interact well with other members of BNY Mellon Asset Management International's staff, both within Investment Information Services and with external/internal clients.
- Must be motivated, willing to take initiative and committed to the development of the team.
- The successful candidate will likely have previous exposure to the investment management industry, preferably in Institutional Marketing or Client Service capacity, and want to develop this in a fast moving environment which will offer a lot of exciting challenges and opportunities.
- Degree level educated or equivalent work experience qualifiers are expected for this role.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51623
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1606192