Hedge Fund Middle Office Specialist
- GBP40000 - GBP65000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 20 Sep 17
Leading city based financial services firm is looking for a front-to-back Operations specialist to act as an Account Manager to Headge Fund clients.
My client, a leading fin tech and fund services provider, is seeking someone with a strong OTC product lifecycle & Operations management background to be an Account Manager in the London office.
The position involves actively managing the service deliverables to the client by maintaining a proactive dialogue. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing organisation.
Client Service/Delivery Management
* Account Manager for a number of EMEA Fund Administration clients; typically Hedge Funds and Asset Managers
* Work closely with clients to understand their needs and service requirements and formulising account plans
* Facilitating and chairing regular in person service review meetings
* Responsible for managing client issues and projects through to satisfactory resolution
* Ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
* Ensure all services are provided to clients in accordance with the contracts and any service level agreements
* Ensure Key Performance Indications are achieved
* Ownership of client delivery, including though not limited to oversight and accountability of the day to day processing activities which include all facets of Fund Administration; Middle Back Office, Fund Accounting, and Investor Services
* Understand and manage client change requests through to completion
* Manage investor due diligence questionnaires and presentations
* Coordination of Fund Administration Board Reports and presenting at the quarterly Board Meetings
* Indirect management of staff offshore service locations
* Identify process and system improvements
* Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys
* Investigate potential opportunities for account growth and new business
* Develop ideas to increase revenue from existing and new clients
* Respond to and follow up on request for proposal (RFP's)
* Assist the sales team in their efforts to attract new business; participate in presentations on service solutions to prospective clients and consultants.
* Facilitating and participating in meetings with external parties such as; Prime Brokers, Custodians, Counterparties, and Vendors to discuss service delivery, and market trends and initiatives that could impact our client base or improve our product offering.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
* Industry/Accounting Qualifications preferred (ACCA, CA, CAIA, CFA, CIMA)
* Strong OTC product lifecycle knowledge (collateral, reconciliations, settlements)
* Operations experience preferred
* Fund Accounting or Audit experience is advantageous
* Solid understanding of operational risk and controls. Understanding of SOC 1.
* Project management experience and skills is advantageous
* Demonstrated track record of strong client management in the financial sector
* Able to work well under pressure and providing solutions to complex problems
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication in English
* Strong interpersonal and client service skills
* Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft project A third level qualification preferred in a finance or business-related area
* Maintains IAQ / IMC is advantageous
* Intelligent, professional, confident and presentable
* Ability to work independently and in a team under tight deadlines
* Keen to learn and develop and lead by example
* Maintain and display a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients, investors and colleagues
* Proactive and positive approach to all challenges. Self-motivated and take initiatives
* Strong people management skills: both locally and remotely
* Excellent organisational skills