Hedge Fund - Business Development Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Dartmouth Partners
- 23 Sep 16
Our client, a leading quantitative hedge fund, is looking to add a Business Development Analyst to their London Office.
Business Development Analyst - London
Our client is currently looking for a Business Development Analyst, to be located in their London office, who will help identify and develop relationships with institutional clients. The Business Development Group is part of a wider global team, a growing group of 85, to excellence in client service. The London team is a very effective team of 8 staff. Exceptional candidates with talent and drive will find opportunities to hone their skills and tackle new challenges as they take on ever-greater responsibility in a small team environment.
- Provide support to senior members of the London team and broader Business Development group whose objective is to build and deepen relationships with institutional investors.
- Develop strong product and asset class knowledge and aggressively demonstrate interest in the field.
- Liaise with other members of the team to update marketing materials and leverage the firm’s intellectual capital (e.g., coordinate the distribution of white papers, webinars and analysis).
- Complete Requests for Proposal/Information and Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Interact with portfolio managers to help create and maintain up-to-date, high quality presentation materials.
- Act as a point of contact for existing institutional investors and be responsible for marshaling the full resources of the firm to coordinate responses to all investor inquiries.
- Coordinate and participate in client meetings and conference calls with investors.
What You’ll Bring
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a Science, Quantitative, or
Engineering Program from a top university is preferred. Liberal arts graduates with
appropriate work experience will also be considered.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- 0-1 year of relevant post-undergraduate experience at an investment management or asset consultant firm is strongly preferred
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable
Applications that do not fit the below criteria will be ignored:
- 2:1 minimum or equivilent in a quantative subject (humanities and arts accepted provided relevant work experience).
- Minimum 6 months experience in Front - Middle office sales and trading, asset or investment management.
- Outstanding English.
- Eligible to work in the UK indefinately (UK passport holder - EU citizen)