Head of Innovation and Fintech Alliances
Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
A position for the Head of Innovation & Fintech Alliances is available in London. You will be responsible for developing an effective practice of methodologies for Innovation strategy. You will provide an agile, flexible, cohesive input with new partners, technologies and internal innovations.
The newly created Head of Innovation & Fintech Alliances Practice role will be responsible for investigating the gaps in the current global technology solution strategy and identifying potential internal changes/developments or external solutions that may address those strategic gaps. The role will subsequently be responsible for assessing the suitability of identified technologies for adoption within Schroders IT & Digital architecture. Once initial investigations have been carried out and documented, the role will assist the Chief Digital Officer in chairing Innovation, Fintech & Digital strategy meeting and review meetings with key stakeholders. Once the proposed approach, partner or technology is selected the role will be responsible working with the relevant business area, platform or project managers to co-ordinate the commercial terms, and managing the subsequent contractual agreements, legal assessment and information security review.
Working with the platform or project manager it may require co-ordination of the delivery of the technology and ongoing assessment of the benefit derived/achieved. It is intended that this role through the identification of state-of-the-art technology and best practice digital integration techniques, that Schroders will be able to be more efficient and agile in the delivery of its technical solutions and achieve its ambition to be a Digital Leader for the significantly changing financial services industry.
The Head of Innovation & Fintech Alliances is also responsible for developing an effective practice and methodologies for Innovation strategy; which will encompass the development of a programme within global technology and business areas with supporting technologies to foster greater innovation from all areas of Schroders and to provide a framework to asses, encourage further research and grade ideas.
Because of the focused engagement of 3rd party solutions and agencies, the selected candidate will work with the business management function to also develop and deliver a vendor analytics solution to inform and hence transform the effectiveness of our current engagement with our suppliers.
Working closely with the Chief Digital Officer, develop and execute on a new Innovation strategy & Fintech alliances framework to provide an agile, flexible, cohesive engagement with new partners, technologies and internal innovations and co-ordinate supporting assessment, selection, implementation and service/success monitoring activities. The individual will have the following key responsibilities:
• To research and to understand the gaps in our current innovation and Fintech engagement strategies and how we can improve them;
• To research and to understand the likely impacts of products/tools as well as services on the market and how we can leverage them;
To develop an effective strategy for assessment of tools in collaboration with senior IT and business stakeholders;
• To research & develop an effective strategy for the establishment of an innovation, research Fintech incubator programme external lab for Schroders.
• To work with senior stakeholders to design a framework for Fintech assessment & alliance management.
• To work with senior stakeholders to design a framework for innovation management.
• To lead strategy for Virtual Innovation Lab (VIL) across all business platforms;
• To produce workflow and supporting processes for VIL, & co-ordinate innovation council meetings, minutes and actions.
• To oversee and execute all aspects of project administration within the VIL tool, idea assessment, implementation, including project planning and management and communications strategy.
• Plan, co-ordinate innovation or Fintech events such as hackathons, Fintech days to enable innovation growth internally or industry seminars to promote Schroders as a thought leader.
• To work with technology and business teams to develop environments for rapid prototyping and iteration.
• To oversee stakeholder governance for Fintech and service provider engagement and monitoring;
• To work with HR & L&D to create business strategies for driving cultural change towards stronger innovation.
• To capture and to analyse actionable data (KPI’s) about adoption and use of implemented innovation, tools and services;
• To stay educated on new and emerging market offerings that may be of interest to our clients;
• Organising and managing immersion or research trips for senior stakeholders to meet innovation/accelerators partners and thematic Fintech visits globally.
The successful applicant must bring the communication and presentation skills necessary to represent IT to senior stakeholders up to and including the Group Management Committee.
• Excellent and effective communication skills including verbal and written;
• Demonstrable experience of driving “blue sky” thinking and working “outside of the box”;
• Solid thought leadership skills;
• Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management experience;
• Track record of analysis and understanding use cases for technology;
• Track record in managing holistic adoption of new technologies or working practices
• Strong digital platform development background.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies
Schroders does not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV’s and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV’s sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV’s directly.