Head of Engineering / CTO - FinTech
- £125,000 - £200,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Orbis Consultants
- 19 Jun 17
A fast-paced, dynamic, Fintech firm is seeking a hands-on individual to act as the Head of Engineering for it's award winning Data Management business. With a focus on the Microsoft Stack, you will be an expert in Data Management technologies and be able to leverage Cloud technologies.
This Head of Engineering position provides technical leadership within the Financial Markets Technology division responsible the end to end design and delivery of the Data Management software focused on financial data management. The role is responsible for leading a global team of Engineers in support of this mission with additional support from the wider technology organisation. The ideal applicant will have an organised and creative mind-set (thought leader) that drives him or her to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset.
Duties & accountabilities
- Manage and lead teams of global developers to deliver quality product on time.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture for enterprise data platform
- Budget analysis as it relates to technology selection, project planning, and resource management
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Focus on cloud enablement to increase ROI and create new business opportunities
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics of managed products
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work related aspects.
- Responsibility for quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant real world experience
- 12+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment (still hands on)
- At least 10+ years of experience leading technology teams
- Expert on data management technologies (RMDBS, Big Data)
- Good background on leveraging cloud technologies
- Should have excellent architecture and designing skills
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform tech
- Can handle both front-end and backend design
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Has been part of financial software development for an extended period of time.
- 10+ years of managing medium to large development teams.
- Thought leader with focus on delivery
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Can make decisions and take risks
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholders daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.