Head of E-commerce technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 23 Sep 16
To act as the technology lead for all E-Commerce systems servicing the Bank, its external clients and internal staff. Full responsibility for the technology systems, processes and policies relating to electronic trading, including internal and third party systems.
A major global bank based in London
Head of E-commerce technology Key responsibilities / accountabilities
- Operational Responsibility for the provision of all technology systems relating to electronic trading, serving the Bank business and clients
- Creating a long-term strategic plan for the e-commerce architecture in line with the banks overall architecture process and framework
- Act as a central point of contact for everything relating to the banks E-Commerce Platforms for the technology function, and the integration between the business functions and technology
- Translate and prioritise the business strategy/mandate into direct performance measures and programmes of work
- To drive efficiencies in the banks budget and ongoing cost base, ensuring return on investment for all related programmes of work
- Ensure stability across the banks E-Commerce technology production environment, adhering to all internal IT Service Delivery processes and policies
- Manage all third party relationships, Service Level agreements and KRI's in support of the banks technology platforms and service providers
- Create and maintain all documentation in support of the E-Commerce IT function, budgets and forecasts, project tracking and reporting, communication, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance.
- Establish and run effective governance forums such as steering committees, project boards, operating committees and working groups.
- Identify and document risks and appropriate mitigation strategies and oversee the execution thereof.
- Ensure the banks control framework is adhered to at all times, including internal policies and all related regulations.
- Identify key stakeholders and manage relationships with multiple parties
- Vendor management and negotiation for all related vendors/contracts in the provision of service.
- Handover from change-the-bank (CTB) into run-the-bank (RTB) business as usual activities.
- Maintain and apply suitable technical skills to support the organization's electronic trading capability.
- Participate in and support architecture designs, roadmaps, planning and deployments where necessary.
- Execute additional responsibilities and/or tasks as designated by operational management and the Global Markets Technology function.
Head of E-commerce technology qualifications and experience
- Strong experience running business critical technology functions and teams
- Experience of outsourcing technology functions/capability, preferably any 'white labelling'
- Broad understanding of capital markets trading, including Fixed Income and commodities;
- FX Spot
- Exchange connectivity and distribution
- Order Management systems
- Risk and Credit Management
- Trading analytics and aggregation
- Broad understanding of technology including infrastructure, middleware & integration, application development, API's, Market Data
- IT Service Management (preferably ITIL) with Service Level Management, Release and Change management
- Strong, proven track record of project and/or programme delivery of substantial size and complexity in the financial services industry with the ability to demonstrate:
- Exceptional project planning and organisational skills, including risk and issue management and the use of a variety of estimation and planning techniques
- A proven understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle including release and configuration management processes
- The ability to coordinate, motivate and lead multi-disciplinary global teams
- Skills in interpreting and documenting business requirements
- Resource and budget forecasting and tracking skills
- Stakeholder management and reporting skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal with colleagues and internal clients at all levels of seniority
- An ability to show applied learning from issues encountered through previous roles.
- Financial Management, budget management, forecasting and reporting
- Regulatory obligations and reporting, FCA/PRA, MAS, HKMA
- Specific knowledge/experience in MiFID regulations prefered
Head of E-commerce technology Technical Knowledge
- Design and build of algorithmic, low latency trading applications
- Knowledge of systematic trading and trade aggregation/analytics
- Enterprise integration architecture and patterms
- Third generation languages including Java, C++, C# and scripting
- Deep knowledge of Infrastructure;
- Low Latency Networking, routing, WAN LAN and MAN
- Firewall security
- Platform hosting including Unix, Linux and Windows
- Database hosting
- Storage and archiving
- Monitoring and alerting