HR Coverage Advisor, Infrastructure – Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources provide support and strategy at every level of Morgan Stanley’s business. It helps firm and business unit management with strategic direction in employee recruiting, retention, development and compensation. HR generalists partner with individual business units to deliver services in data analysis, employee relations, compensation analysis and performance management. Other HR teams are product-focused, specialising in compensation, benefits, recruiting, reporting and learning and development services.
This role will provide generalist HR support across the Infrastructure division in London with oversight for locations within the EMEA region (primarily Budapest and Glasgow). The position will report to a Coverage Officer within the HR Infrastructure team. The Infrastructure division includes areas such as Operations, Technology, Finance, Legal and Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit and various other Administration groups. The HR function also operates a services centre in Scotland who process general administration and our payroll.
The role incumbent must be able to operate independently, pro-actively and effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business during a challenging climate as well as become involved in ad-hoc project work as required. Whilst the role is client facing, the ideal candidate will also have strong administration skills and be willing to pick up a range of tasks as per the needs of both the business and Coverage team.
• Work with managers to monitor and manage Short and Long-Term / Long Term Disability cases, undertaking regular review meetings with the Firm’s Occupational Health team, and making referrals to the Occupational Health or Permanent Health Insurance providers, when necessary.
• Manage FWA requests, working with managers to find solutions and conducting appropriate meetings.
• Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues independently, taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcomes. In some cases support the Senior Coverage Officer/Coverage Officers on complex Employee Relations issues.
• Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of range of performance, conduct and compliance issues.
• Work with managers to ensure positive employee relations and adherence to Firm diversity approach.
• Liaise with in-house Legal advisors where necessary.
• Work with the business around international relocations to ensure best practice and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure the cyclical performance evaluation process is communicated and managed across the groups.
• Intervene on any evaluation summaries to reflect performance issues and advise managers on appropriate wording where necessary.
• Assist with facilitation and co-ordination of a seamless promotion process.
• Conduct exit interviews, analyse feedback and interpret/respond to feedback.
Reward and Compensation
• Work with the HR Data team to provide appropriate management data.
• Work collaboratively with managers, data team and HR counterparts in EMEA and the US during the annual Year End compensation processes.
• Advise managers to ensure appropriate compensation decisions are made based upon performance, parity of awards, promotion etc.
• Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight.
• Ownership for the completion of monthly audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, working closely with the Data Manager and Administrator, giving guidance as necessary.
• A proven background within an HR generalist role is required either within financial services or professional services, or alternatively an international environment.
• CIPD qualification preferred (or currently studying towards).
• Degree educated or equivalent.
• An ability to manage and develop relationships within matrix management structures.
• Ability to operate independently, pro-actively and effectively.
• Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Able to influence and persuade clients and colleagues.
• Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change.
• Strong results focus and ability to deliver.
• Rational and logical approach to problem-solving.
• Ability to manage expectations of clients and colleagues.
• Strong appreciation of employment related risks, with ability to identify and escalate.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1