- Competitive Daily Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 12 Sep 16
Working on client-site with one of GFT's prestigious banking clients, the Senior PMO based in UK will have responsiblity for managing 2 PMO juniors based in Spain. The Senior PMO will help develop the governance model, execute it and manage the budget. The key factor of this role will be supporting the Global role out of a data migration project between a collection of major systems.
Location: Office based in London - Occasional travel in Europe is possible
GFT specialises in designing and implementing IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. Combining technological expertise and seamless project management with a deep understanding of the industry, GFT is the perfect strategic partner for many well-known companies in all corners of the globe.
About the role:
Working on client-site with one of GFT's prestigious banking clients, the Senior PMO based in UK will have responsiblity for managing 2 PMO juniors based in Spain. The Senior PMO will help develop the governance model, execute it and manage the budget. Due to direct interaction with a team based in Spain, fluent Spanish is required.
The key factor of this role will be supporting the Global role out of a data migration project between a collection of major systems. The role will support 20 parallel data mapping workstreams.
Your principle activities will include:
- Drive, define and create Client and GFT Operational KPI’s
- Establish professional documentation clearly outlining critical processes
- Virtual team management of remote PMO’s - Co-ordinate the involvement of internal personnel, including delivery management, professional service units and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
Governance & Control
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio of work, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of GSC activities
- Manage activities repository (SharePoint) and where needed attend internal project review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured
- Report on activity risks and issues registers
- Ensures teams are adhering to GFT policies and processes
Planning, Reporting & Control
- Work with the other PMO teams to develop the universally acceptable standards of data management and reporting
- Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting recommendations and presenting them to the GSC Management Team
- Maintain a repository of templates and documentation where needed for internal or clients audits
- Carry out assurance review processes as required by the GSC Management Team
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Set up of governance measures across GSC Clients
- Development and enhancement of internal processes and input into policies
- Timely and accurate delivery of reports and analysis
- Maintains high levels of internal and (where appropriate) external customer satisfaction
- Completes required training and development objectives for self and team within the assigned time frame.
What we require from you:
- Spanish speaking
- Stakeholder management
- Management of PMO teams
- Technical background (ideally from a banking background)
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent - even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
- Experience of a global role out of a data migration project
- Data mapping project experience
Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
The GFT Group is represented in twelve countries – and our customers are based in over 30 different countries. With a global team spanning 4,000 employees at our disposal, we’re ready to act whenever and wherever our customers need us. Our interlinked development teams are able to tackle complex projects and respond to individual needs – rapidly, economically and to the utmost standards.