Finance Associate – EMEA
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 26 Sep 16
In 1924 MFS® established the first mutual fund to help make the US stock market more accessible to the average investor. Today, that commitment to investors remains evident in everything about the firm. At MFS® we hire talented individuals and allow them to work together. Office doors are always open, and everyone is on a first-name basis. We believe the best ideas emerge from a culture of collaboration.
Working as part of the EMEA finance team, this individual will play a key role in supporting the various accounting and finance activities/initiatives performed by MFS Corporate Finance including the maintenance of accounting books and records for multiple international legal entities and strategic business units; assist senior analysts with the financial close process and associated reporting, forecasting and budgeting; assume responsibility for administrative finance functions for the EMEA region.
1. Assistance with completion of the monthly financial close process in relation to multiple international entities including preparation of journal entries to record appropriate revenue and expense items to the general ledger; investigation and resolution of reconciling items; completion of monthly, quarterly and annual analysis for assigned accounts; data maintenance, and preparation of financial proofs.
2. Preparation of financial reports for business units and Corporate Finance; research questions to assist management in making accurate business decisions based on the financial results.
3. Provides assistance with preparation of financial forecasts and budget reports to Corporate Finance and to strategic business units.
4. Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations for periodic review by management and auditors.
5. Responsible for Accounts Payable processing in relation to EMEA offices.
6. Provision of assistance with Institutional Accounts Receivable process.
7. Reconciliation of bank accounts held in various currencies.
8. Provides assistance with preparation of quarterly VAT returns in relation to EMEA jurisdictions.
9. Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Part qualified accountant with a minimum of four years' related accounting experience in similar roles.
2. Previous experience within asset management or financial services an advantage
3. Strong IT skills including general ledger, accounts receivable and payable modules,spreadsheet and database applications required. Oracle (PeopleSoft, Essbase, Hyperion) experience an advantage.
4. Prior small company experience with excellent book-keeping and accounting double entry skills.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
7. Self-starter; ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment on various projects to achieve desired results.
8. Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills required.
9. Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment required.