Equities Trading Platform Strats, Associate/VP, Securities
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 13 Sep 16
Goldman Sachs’ Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a development team that will use big data to reduce operational risk for EMEA
Equities Electronic Trading for Goldman Sachs. The team is accountable for developing systems and tooling to proactively monitor
and aid support of Algorithmic, Smart Routing and Order Management applications. The role will involve the analysis, design and
implementation of cutting edge systems ranging from the capture of large volumes of low level data to high level statistical analysis
of that data.
The team is a dynamic group of individuals spanning level one support and development operating across London and Bangalore.
It is charged with dealing with reactively and proactively dealing with operational risk. You will be joining the team to aid the effort by
providing tools that can help improve efficiency of the team in reactive situations and allow the team to proactively identify issues
before they become material.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Provide easily queryable data that you will use to evaluate and proactively manage operational risk
• Work closely with support and development teams, and trading desks to understand operational risk issues
• Propose and prototype solutions to the above issues, taking successful ones into a full SDLC
• Collaborate on design and development across a global team
• Strong object orientated development skills preferably in Java or C++
• Functional programming skills preferably in Python
• The ability and enthusiasm to pick up and learn new languages as requested
• Strong analytical skills visible through the entire SDLC
• Either SQL or NOSQL database experience
• Working Linux knowledge
• Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
• Good knowledge of Big Data technologies (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Spark, Hadoop)
• Web Application development or MVC based development
• Experience with statistical computing tools like R