Engineering, Critical Services Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 26 Jun 17
Tier 1 investment bank, is searching for a strategic minded, lateral thinking individual who has technical expertise and knowledge of engineering product and supply chain to join their team as UK Critical Services Manager.
We are searching for a strategic minded, lateral thinking individual who has technical expertise and knowledge of engineering product and supply chain to join their team as UK Critical Services Manager.
The individual will cover Gloucester, Slough, Northolt and London so there is no preference on location. You will be able to work from home a lot (once a week in London) and been on required to respond to activities on a "on call" basis
They are looking for an engineer by trade (electrical) that will have an overview on spend do want people to work in London, two days at home drop in to other data centres. And be HNC/HND or above by way of qualification. They don't need a chartership for this function. energy efficiency is a part of the role (drive down energy) drive down consumption across Gloucester, Slough, Northolt and London locations as part of the companies energy efficiency regime.
The group has an operational presence in over 50 countries, comprising c.540 internal and c.11,000 outsourced colleagues. The area is diverse in its specialisms covering everything from Location Strategy, Portfolio Optimisation, Workplace design, Engineering, Facilities and Construction Project Management to Environmental Management, Security, Travel, Health & Safety, Risk & Control and Supplier Management.
- To implement the Global Strategy and Policies, providing industry best practices in Mechanical, Electrical and Controls engineering activities, from strategy through design to build and implementation. Optimise asset management of engineering plant and equipment
- Assure the delivery of quality engineering services from the outsourced supply base
- To lead, own, manage and drive delivery of a programme of complex project assignments as determined by Group / Business strategy demand
- Minimise the risk of business interruption through engineering induced failures
- Constantly challenge the supply base to deliver best of breed engineering solutions
- Creating strong business links and relationships are integral to the success of this role
- Ensure that the policies and standards for critical engineering are up to date and appropriate
- Manages the strategic supplier relationship for engineering for the UK data centre portfolio within the UK and regionally as required
- Support Engineering lead in the Engineering vendor management and Engineering services of buildings throughout the UK. This includes c1600 retail branches and 100 buildings, covering 1.6 million square metres of space across the branch network, corporate offices, data and contact centres
Strategy - 20%
Implements the strategic direction for engineering services in line with the Global Centre of Excellence for Engineering.
- Review and recommend changes to the Regional Head of Engineering, of the outsourced service delivery contract.
- Research and communicate best practice and emerging trends in Engineering
Asset Management - 15%
- Optimises asset management of engineering plant and equipment
- Develop with the outsourced supply chain an approach to the management and maintenance of all engineering assets which balances appropriate risk at least cost
Compliance Risk and business continuity - 15 %
- Assures the delivery of quality engineering services from the outsourced supply base and minimises the risk of business interruption through engineering induced failures
- Develop and implement efficient system/processes to ensure compliance to property statutory requirements and governance framework and all other Group Minimum standards
- The management of significant incidents; and Major planned power-downs
Supplier Management - 25 %
- Constantly challenges the supply base to deliver best of breed engineering solutions
- Develop and implement the supplier management framework to ensure delivery of engineering services that fully meet business requirements
- Continually guide and support the out-sourced supply base to ensure development and improvement occurs in the technical engineering service delivery
Change Management - 25 %
- Lead, support and enhance the output of cross-stream change management activities
- When required, take ownership and lead assignment management role in Engineering projects and coordinate cross-stream change management activities
- Technical expertise to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support.
- An ability to think laterally and strategically in support to the firm.
- Knowledge of Engineering product and supply chain
- 10 years of relevant project delivery experience or experience in running engineering operations in a multi-site portfolio
- Good knowledge and an understanding of the dynamics of strategy, businesses, markets, customers and organisational structure
- Good understanding of best practice workplace solutions and service
- Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
- Experience in a senior management role within engineering/facilities
- Clarity of thinking and ability to represent key technical solutions in business language
- Good knowledge of behaviours and ways of working
- Engineering qualifications required
- Risk management