Emerging Markets Foreign Exchange Portfolio Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP Paribas Investment Partners.
- 22 Sep 16
The role holder will be primarily responsible for analysis of Emerging Market FX, leading the alpha generation of EM FX in both EM and Global portfolios, contributing to EM and Global FX strategy discussions generally as a joint member of both EM and Currency teams, and taking risk in portfolios directly based on a process honed through joint mentoring by both teams.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 21 OCTOBER 2016
Research : To follow and to analyse emerging country FX markets.
Investment Process : To contribute to ongoing improvements and refinements to the investment process, in order to help FFTW ensure that its global EM and FX product offerings are attractive on a risk - return basis.
Investment Policy : To attend regular and ad - hoc EM and investment team meetings and to lead our EM FX strategies.
Alpha Generation : To recommend alpha strategies in EM FX and contribute to team decision making on both the EM and Currency teams.
Portfolio Management : To implement or oversee implementation of agreed investment strategies to individual portfolios and funds, taking into consideration the benchmark, risk appetite, guidelines and legal restrictions for each account. To manage the beta replication part of each portfolio at an acceptable level of tracking error, and to manage both active alpha and beta aspects taking into accounts the regular cash flows and rebalancing needs of each account.
Operational Fund Management : to follow the outcome of the execution and settlement problems, and to advise suggested improvements to portfolio management and risk management tools so that all positions held and risks taken can be actively measured.
Continuous Professional Development : to maintain current knowledge and understanding of developments in the global foreign exchange markets through regularly attending seminars, conferences, training courses, through reading professional publications, periodicals, research and other related literature, and through maintaining other professional contacts.
Coaching and Guiding : To coach and mentor other colleagues in order to build a strong and interdependent Fixed Income team.
• In depth industry knowledge.
• Intimate knowledge of EM currency derivatives, conventions and trading.
• Fluency in written and spoken English language. Fluency in a second language commonly used in Emerging Markets a plus.
• Able to anticipate market developments in the EM currency industry.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in EM currency markets, preferably gained at an Investment Management organisation.
• Demonstrable track record generating profits on EMFX book.
• Advanced degree in Economics, Finance or related discipline.
• Acts in full compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations; Company policies and codes of conduct.
• Professionalism – Takes the fiduciary role seriously and serves commendably as an ambassador for the team and for the company.
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships, promote collaborative teamwork.
• Interpersonal understanding – Treats everyone with dignity, honesty and respect. Shows high level of self-awareness, understands impact of own behaviour on others, and upholds the highest standards of company values/ practice.
• Demonstrates personal drive and energy to ensure the commercial success of the firm.
• Ability to quickly understand problems, articulate them and offer solutions.
• Demonstrates cultural awareness and organizational sensitivity.