Electronic Quantitative Developer (VP) - efx / erates
London, England, United Kingdom
My client is a leading IB that is currently looking for a senior QD to join their electronic trading team to build out a new library for fixed income.
You'll be working in the electronic fixed income team in London. The team provides technical solutions for the next generation of low latency algorithmic market making (exchange and OTC), volatility surface making and risk management of options positions. There is a strong interaction with the business (traders and quants).
As the Algo Developer (Java, Linux, Python) you will have a strong understanding of data structures and how to written multi-threaded Core Java. You will also have a very good grasp of computer algorithms and ideally will have worked on a highly distributed system. The role will be working in a team that is half Algo Developers and half Quantitative Researchers, so you will have exceptional exposure to the Research platform. This is a great position for someone who is technologically minded and wants to get closer to the business/mathematics of an electronic trading platform.
- strong server-side Java development skills including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming with excellent design and problem solving skills.
- hands-on experience in building distributed systems
- applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
- experience working closely with your business partners to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refined these to remove any ambiguity. In fact, you feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
- understanding of financial industry or FX or Rates derivatives business knowledge