EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a EMEA Compliance Director
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
The Director of Compliance is responsible for leading a Compliance team for FIS EMEA covering both Institutional & Wholesale and Banking & Payments Divisions.
Providing strategic direction and acting as a point of technical delivery for all business operations the EMEA Compliance Director will be expected to be current within Banking & Payments as well as having experience in Asset Management. They will develop internal relationships to ensure commitment throughout compliance agendas and forge strong contacts with external third parties, including the FCA. The role carries the following FCA Approved person role.
CF10 - Responsibility for oversight of the firm’s compliance and reporting to the governing body of the firm in respect of that responsibility.
Position Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Take Responsibility for ensuring that the firm meets its Principles for Business (PRIN) requirements as set out by the FCA.
• Challenge and identify the compliance within the organisation’s decision making and strategy.
• Exercise due skill, care and diligence, observe proper standards of market conduct and deal with the regulator in an open and co-operative way.
• Ensure that the function is organised and controlled effectively and complies with regulatory standards.
• Ensure the effectiveness of all systems and controls within the firm that are designed to achieve compliance with CASS.
• Prepare thoroughly for Governance meetings by reading the meeting packs and actively participate in constructive debate by raising key areas of concern and providing appropriate challenge where required.
• Treat clients fairly at all times.
• Maintain the second line of Compliance defence by ensuring businesses adherence to business processes and procedures that are designed to meet the regulatory standards set out in the relevant FCA rules and guidance.
• Ensure that roles that he/she is responsible for are performed by individuals with the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise and that competence is maintained and assessed.
• Ensure the team has the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise to carry out the tasks required competently.
• Provide Input to the businesses strategic planning and execution, ensuring the Operational Risk and Compliance agendas are embedded.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all internal departments and external third parties, including owning the firm’s relationship with the FCA.
• Build a culture of risk management and compliance throughout the areas of responsibility.
• Anticipate the resources required to meet the needs of the function including succession planning.
• Lead the enhancement of the employee experience within Compliance through appropriate reward and recognition, relevant and timely communications and coaching and development.
• Identify and oversee the production of appropriate Management Information to monitor Compliance within the business producing high quality reports as required.
• Identify relevant risk metrics and key risk indicators and report with appropriate commentary to Corporate Management.
• Oversee and ensure appropriate recording and assessment of all risk events within established thresholds; ensure that all matters relating to material risks are communicated and escalated in a timely, accurate, and forthright manner and adhere to established policy.
• Ensure the business is fully aware of any regulatory developments proactively communicating these to all relevant stakeholders.
• Manage the escalation of any regulatory issues affecting the business.
• Oversee the implementation of Compliance best practices, in particular providing your expertise to Business leaders as they develop plans and strategies to achieve their objectives.
• Chair the relevant governance committees in respect of Compliance
• Oversee the role of MLRO ensuring appropriate systems in controls are in place across the business in order to prevent us being used to further financial crime reporting to the board and Senior Management on the effectiveness of the controls.
• Assist with implementing the Compliance Risk Based Monitoring Program (RBMP) and the Data Protection Monitoring Program to ensure it is followed using analytical skills, assisted by system and desk-based techniques and departmental visits.
• Conducting AML due diligence and enhanced due diligence reviews for high risk customers
• Oversee the screening of customers against sanction and law enforcement databases
• Oversee the investigation of AML & Market Abuse suspicious transactions
• Liaising with clients on documentation requirements for their high risk customers
• Assist in the delivery of wider Compliance projects and ad-hoc tasks as and when required and in a timely manner
• Be the main point of contact for all business and client queries relating to Anti-Money Laundering, providing subject matter expertise on relevant regulation and legislation.
• Act as Nominated Officer for receiving and investigating any suspicions of money laundering and where required, reporting to the National Crime Agency.
• Oversee on a daily basis the screening of sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons, both on an ongoing basis and for new account openings.
• Oversee on a day to day basis the AML transaction reporting process, ensuring that the reports are fit for purpose and any potential suspicious activities are identified and investigated.
• Work with the Training team to ensure continued compliance with FCA’s Training and Competence requirements.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures are all time including but not limited to; Code of Code, Information security, human resource policies and compliance policies and procedures
Essential experience / requirements
• Practical experience of leading a Compliance, Operational Risk or Governance team.
• Solid understanding of the key deliverables required by diverse UK regulatory bodies and their impact on the UK Financial Services sector.
• Solid understanding of the key aspects of a sound risk management and their application within a Financial Services organisation.
• Excellent working knowledge of the FCA handbook, regulatory requirements and underlying legislation with the ability to practically relate specific regulatory requirements to the Firm.
• Excellent understanding of how the regulatory regime has evolved, how it continues to develop and awareness of broader regulatory issues.
• Methodical with strong analytical skills; ability to interpret and summarise complex information for onward communication to Executive Management, and externally.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to identify the root cause of a problem quickly and act decisively.
• Strong teambuilding and people-management skills to manage direct reports and aid staff development.
• Consultancy skills in order to be a Trusted Adviser to the business on Compliance related issues.
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to build persuasive cases based on fact and through the strength of leadership ensure that all relevant stakeholders buy into the Operational Risk and Compliance strategies.
• Ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and satisfy the diverse and often contradicting needs of different interest groups.
• Strong planning, delegation and organisation within a team environment as and when required.
• Credible and effective communicator both written and verbal with proven relationships with industry and/or market contacts.
• Self-motivated and highly organised with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks with changing priorities.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and display emotional resilience.
• Confident and assertive manner in dealing with both colleagues and external parties.
• Excellent standards of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of key Microsoft Applications, Notes based and internal packages.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.