Director - Advisory Services Specialist
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS group is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience.
The successful candidate(s) will join the EMEA Advisory Services Group, a growing team within the MA organization that provides excellent career opportunities and benefits. He/she will be responsible for developing solutions for Client's risk management requirements. In addition, he/she will assist MA's Product Management team to design and build our software tools, acting as subject matter expert during project delivery, and participating in the proposal and sales process for potential engagements.
This position involves a blend of business development, relationship management and project delivery. The ideal candidates must have previous experience in consulting services or development of quantitative risk management models for financial institutions. Existing relationships within the financial services industry, accounting and/or regulatory bodies as well as working knowledge of existing Moody's Analytics software and advisory solutions are a plus.
Travel will be required in Europe, Middle East and Africa, approximately 25-50% of the time .
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Maintain relationships at all levels with clients and prospective clients, industry experts, and other groups at Moody's Analytics
- Lead, design and act as subject matter expert for advisory services that integrate and supplement Moody's Analytics Credit Risk Management Suite (software and modeling services).
- Manage and maintain the communications of this offering internally to groups at Moody's Analytics
- Represent Moody's Analytics at conferences and industry events
- Establish and build expert knowledge of Moody's Analytics software and analytics solutions
- Perform project execution by acting as subject matter expert: develop, deliver, and implement advisory solutions to existing and new clients in order to support Moody's risk management solution suite
- Support the Moody's Analytics sales team - Participating in presales work.
The Enterprise Risk Services team provides consultative services to ensure that our clients get the most out of our products and solutions. In expanding our business globally, the need for local knowledge of client opportunities and working with clients increases. We would need the team to provide the effective feedback of these local knowledge into our global product solution in order to grow our business. We are looking for a talent in supporting us with these challenges.
- Minimum Masters degree or equivalent from an internationally recognized institution CPA, CFA, PRM, or FRM a plus
- International experience a plus
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus
- Knowledge of Statistical programming for the modeling efforts (e.g. R and SAS)
- Have a strong understanding of regulatory and accounting requirements, analysis and methodologies
- Proven track record working in the financial services industry or leading consulting/accounting company: IFRS 9, risk management, consulting, regulatory bodies, or solution teams at investment banks
- Hands on project experience preferably developed within a consulting environment
- Proven ability to run or participate in meetings with senior and C-level management
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Innovative approach to solving complex issues and problems
- Working knowledge of the banking regulatory framework (Basel II and III, EBA Regulation and Guidance, Solvency II, and IFRS.)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Ability to develop high quality project deliverables
- Team player with management skills and the ability or potential to lead others
- Work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams at client site and internally
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong, proven analytical skills with ability to coach/guide less experienced analysts
- Strong work ethic, and professional and personable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.