Director – Infrastructure M&A and Debt Advisory – Major Global bank – London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- One Search
- 20 Sep 17
My client is a major name in global banking, and already has a strong reputation in EMEA Infrastructure Advisory. They now wish to bolster this with the addition of an experienced Director who can turn his or her hand to both M&A and Debt Advisory mandates.
- Responsible for leading identifying, marketing, negotiating and executing (with multi product deal teams) advisory opportunities (M&A sell side & buy side, debt advisory, strategic advisory, etc.) in the Infrastructure, Power and Utilities market in the EMEA region.
- The role is both relationship management and execution, and requires marketing, negotiation, team management, structuring and transaction documentation skills.
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing the overall profitability of the regional advisory team in terms of revenues (fees and cross sell) and to develop the Bank’s client base and cross sell opportunities.
- The role requires working closely with the M&A upstream oil & gas team and the M&A mining teams to identify and pursue opportunities with cross over characteristics (energy infrastructure or mining infrastructure); as well as working with Global IB teams in respective sectors to execute a global industry origination strategy.
- Generates M&A fee income from sell-side, buy-side and other advisory mandates, won from key clients in the EMEA region, with a particular focus on Infrastructure, Power & Utilities.
- Grow relationship with key clients of the bank and develop new relationship with a large number of corporate and private equity investors.
- Manage marketing planning, including the introduction of specialized resources, where needed.
- Manage the execution of advisory mandates with the effectiveness and diligence required by sophisticated clients.
- Work closely with product specialists and risk management groups including Risk Solutions Group, Corporate Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Global Syndications, Risk Review and Global Risk Management.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- In conjunction with Compliance, KYC, Onboarding Team, Risk and Legal, oversee all compliance, regulatory and administrative requirements related to the team
- Minimum 10 years of in a top tier Bank or advisory boutique with a focus on infrastructure advisory (M&A and debt) in EMEA and globally.
- Strong execution capacity including manage a deal team's day to day work on transaction, setting objectives and communication with the client.
- Strong interest in origination and networking with relevant industry contact. Strong communication and pitching skills.
- A good understanding of the Infrastructure Power & Utilities market, investor’s strategy and bank market appetite (structure, pricing expectation).
- Established relationships with strategic infrastructure sponsors, funds, direct investors and developers (e.g. Infrastructure funds, sovereign wealth, pension plans as well as the major EMEA based corporate sponsors of infrastructure assets).
- Exposure to broader energy-sector, non-core infrastructure, and / or renewables is a plus.
If you satisfy the above criteria and would like to be considered, please send your CV across to me at firstname.lastname@example.org