- Lead engineer responsible for all primary development in our Excel Add-In application. Will work directly with our business analysts on understanding and implementing new feature requests
- Automation and processes required to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor internal, product, and cloud based applications. Support the initiative to improve our coding practices in the area of secure coding
- Implementation and management of build and deploy workflow processes related to product development, including specifications review, working with development teams to implement product functionality and QA efforts
- Management and support of infrastructure and development applications including continuous integration, source code management, and hosted applications
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure successful delivery and implementation of assigned tasks.
- Work with data in SQL databases; perform queries and data mining
- Coordinate with corporate IT organization to identify, refine, and validate technology requirements especially in regards to build and deploy activities and cloud activities.
- Act as European lead to work with both our US based Dev Ops and global IT organization on monitoring and support for our Web Services and Cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in training less experienced staff members.
Comprehensive knowledge in a majority of the following areas:
- Build and release process
- Linux/Windows Platforms and scripting
- Experience with C#/XML/.NET/Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Java preferred but not required
- Continuous Integration applications (Jenkins, Hudson or Cruise)
- Build and deployment automation tools (Ant, Maven, Ivy, Nexus, Sonar, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Source code management tools (Perforce, Subversion, Git, VSS, etc.)
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Network monitoring tools such as Fiddler/Wireshark
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated team player.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Experience or knowledge of third-party Excel solutions (Add-Ins) a strong plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Self-assured and confident with professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.