Winton is looking to hire a desktop support technician for an initial period of 3 months. The purpose of this role is to provide 1st and 2nd line customer facing desktop support, resolving incidents and requests as allocated by the Service Desk.
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software for Desktops, IP telephones, audio visual equipment, mobile devices and printing.
• Provide cover for the Service Desk by answering telephone calls and allocating incidents and requests when required.
• Carry out network patching and cable management in server room and at user desks.
• Escalate service affecting incidents and priority user requests to Service Desk Manager
• Participate in IT related project work such as software migrations and office commissioning
• Assist in the development of internal and customer knowledgebase
• Assist with department administration such as processing new starter setups, transfers, terminations, moves and changes as well as maintaining hardware inventory
• Strong experience with Windows and MS office
• Experience of managing customer relationship throughout the support process
• Strong communication skills
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting various technical equipment such as video conferencing systems, desktop phones, mobiles, etc.