Derivatives Business Analyst – MiFID II
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 23 Sep 16
My client, a Tier 1 Bank, is seeking a high calibre individual to join their team as a Derivatives Business Analyst comfortable working with technology stakeholders.
Overall purpose of role:
The Business Analyst role involves working with stakeholders within inter alia IT, Business, Operations, and Compliance on projects sponsored by any of these areas. The role covers guiding projects through all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). The scope of the role includes:
• Interfacing with project stakeholders on new requirements
• Obtaining formal sign-off of business requirements documents (BRD’s), explaining requirements to the software development teams
• Writing detailed functional specification to govern field, message, and user interface level details
• Ensuring all project documentation and sign-offs are maintained on an internal repository
• Gathering development and testing estimates and including in formal project plans
• Assisting with functional testing
• Documenting use-cases for inclusion by QA within formal regression test suite
• Working with user acceptance testing (UAT) staff on user testing
• Driving both small changes and large projects through completion
• Tracking progress and providing status updates
• A technical background or appreciation of technical issues is required.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
The candidate will be facing off to key project stakeholders within the Equities Trading Business division, specifically in support of regulatory and business impacting requirements on the Equities technology infrastructure as part of Equities MIFID II preparations and accommodation. Within IT, he/she will be working with the development teams to ensure that the scope of requirements is understood and achievable. They will need to ensure requirements are clear and well-defined, test plans are comprehensive, issues are resolved, and risks are mitigated. He/she is expected to also act in consultative and collegiate manner with respect to the Equities Business overall book of work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• All aspects of business analysis, including scope documents, business requirements, detailed functionality requirements, gap analysis, end-state design, functional testing, and deployment support
• Ensuring solutions that are designed align with the strategic direction of the group, making use of strategic architecture and/or current applications and components as necessary
• Creation of quality user requirement specifications and working with the developers in the creation of technical requirements
• Develop user requirements and use cases to support quality assurance and user acceptance testing
• Acquire and provide subject matter expertise for Cash Equities Trading and core order management, regulatory, trade reporting, and trader workflow concepts.
• Bachelors Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance
• Extensive experience of sell-side Order/Execution Management Systems working at a consulting firm, vendor application manager, or at a bulge bracket investment bank
• Extensive experience of buy-side or sell-side cash equities knowledge
• Extensive experience of retail stock trading, FIX protocol, front-office workflows including order placement and execution, and/or smart order routing and algorithmic trading concepts
• Extensive experience with Agile
• Worked on MIFID I implementation for Equities and / or recent experience of MIFID II
• Full Business Analysis development lifecycle experience, working within IT, with proven delivery record and an ability to work in a demanding environment.
• Experience of delivering projects through all phases of the SDLC
• Must be a high energy self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team-based work environment
• Clear written and verbal communication skills, appropriate to a given audience, (technical, functional, etc.)
• Capable of producing functional specifications that drive change and cross functional project plans
• Strong reasoning, analytical and inter-personal skills
• Experience with MS Visio, Project, Excel, Word, SharePoint as well knowledge sharing tools (e.g. Confluence wiki)