- £70,000 - £80,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Multinational Consultancy, with 15,000 employees and Offices Worldwide. At Everis Consultancy UK the Energy & Utilities Sector is growing fast and we are looking for strong Data Consultants to join us on our journey on a permanent basis. We are looking for candidates that have a background in an Energy Commodity Trading / Quantitative Analytical environment to provide industry leading data and analytic solutions. This role would suit a senior consultant who is looking to move into the big data arena utilising their energy commodity and quantitative knowledge.
- Design and deliver solutions to utilise data for improved performance and customer engagement
- Develop prototype algorithms, including PoC demonstrations
- Outline production requirements and produce scalable code for these models
- Work with end clients to scope, develop and deliver their specific needs
- Documentation of the on-going activities.
- Machine learning or statistical techniques
- Ability to write production quality code for large data sets
- Experience in a combination of the following modelling methods: Linear Regression, Partial Least Square Regression, Logistics Regression, Survival analysis, Repeated measures analysis, Principle component analysis, Decision tree, Support Vector Machine, k-means clustering, Artificial Neural Networks, Bayesian statistics
- Understanding of IT Projects Lifecycle
- Financial / Trading background
- R or Python Languages
- Excellent Database management, data mining, data extraction, data processing, data manipulation, data analytics.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Excellent knowledge of ETL tools
- Knowledge in the areas of data analysis and efficient on databases
- Needs to be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on Analytical capabilities
- Able to communicate well with a wide range of colleagues - in writing and verbally.
- Focus to detail, It will require accurate testing of reporting data.
- Proactive mind-set for suggesting improvements of the tool and procedure.
- Mathematics Degree preferably with strong Computer Science background
- An ability and passion to develop new skills and learn new computer languages quickly