EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Data Protection Officer
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
The DPO will be based in the EU – preferably England, Ireland, France or Germany.
As the Data Protection Officer you will provide leadership with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation and ongoing compliance, including product design and data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), technology deployments, and internal processes across a range of client-facing and internal activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with key business, legal, and functional leaders within the company to ensure compliance with the GDPR. The Lead DPO will ultimately be accountable for demonstrating compliance with GDPR for FIS across each individual EU market. The Lead DPO will also ultimately help build and coordinate a team of DPOs in the EMEA, Asia-Pacific and North and South America.
What are the Key Responsibilities?
• Inform and advise FIS employees on the company’s obligations under the GDPR;
• Monitor and audit company compliance with the GDPR;
• Conduct training and awareness to help our teams understand how to handle sensitive information and apply policies;
• Provide guidelines to contractors and third parties that are using company facilities and company information;
• Coordinate with HR in the development of policies, procedures and practices and for particularly members of staff, interviewees and job applicants;
• Partner with the IT department in the development of policies, procedures and practices for information security, data handling, outsourcing, BYOD and monitoring in the work place;
• Work with Sales & Marketing to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for marketing, advertising, profiling and publicity.
• Perform data protection impact assessments (“DPIAs”); and
•Work as needed with, and serve as a point of contact for, data protection authorities, works councils and employees’ representatives.
The DPO will have outstanding communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
The minimum requirements are…
• Proven experience as a privacy professional in an in-house, private-sector setting advising on EU data protection rules
• Knowledge and deep understanding of the EU Data Protection Regulation
• Experience in providing advice that is successfully implemented, including with respect to technology configuration
• Data privacy strategy skills
• Excellent English language skills (Business English written and spoken)
• A high degree of familiarity with technology, particularly online and mobile tracking technologies
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
The ideal candidate will have in addition…
• CIPP/E and CIPM certifications
• Expertise with the GDPR
• FIP certification
• Fluency in multiple languages
• Experience interfacing with government officials
• Law degree and expertise with data protection laws
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.