Data Operations Lead Engineer – Specialized E-Trading Infrastructure - VP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 Sep 16
Team Profile: The specialized electronic trading infrastructure (SETI) team’s high performance network operations team is responsible for operating and managing the networks which enable the high speed trading platforms globally across the firm. The team is also key to delivering advanced instrumentation solutions to monitor and troubleshoot the performance of the trading system in real-time.
The specialized electronic trading infrastructure (SETI) team’s high performance network operations team is responsible for operating and managing the networks which enable the high speed trading platforms globally across the firm. The team is also key to delivering advanced instrumentation solutions to monitor and troubleshoot the performance of the trading system in real-time.
• This role is for the lead of the specialized electronic trading infrastructure (SETI) team’s high performance network operations team.
• You will lead the team that will evaluate, design and implement solutions in support of the global Morgan Stanley low latency, high speed trading plant.
• You will work with the latest technologies across the entirety of financial products and leveraging industry knowledge and technical trends.
• You will be responsible for ensuring customer requirements for low latency, high performance computing, security and efficient execution across complex routing are achieved.
• Knowledge of Routing protocols and platforms BGP, OSPF, RIP, MP-BGP, MPLS, L2-VPN s, Multicast (PIM SM/DM/SSM) ASR1K, ISRg2, CRS-1/4/8.
• Experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator designing, and implementing the following Data Networking Products and technologies:
o CCIE or CCIE level experience
o IP Routing BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, L2-VPNs.
o IP Routing Platforms ISRg2, ASR1K, CRS-1/4/8., Juniper
o Switching Platforms Cisco Nexus, Cat3K, 4K, 6K, SUP6e/6le/7e/7le/8e SUP32, SUP720, Arista (all models)
• Knowledge of Switching concepts, platforms Spanning-tree protocol (RSTP, PVSTP+, 802.1q trunking), CEF, ARP, DHCP snooping, TCAM, Dynamic ARP inspection, IGMPv2/3, 3k, 4k, 6k platforms, SUP720/32, SUP6E/6LE/7E/7LE/8E.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP concepts TCP Slow-start, Dup-Acks, Retransmits, SACK, Subnetting, Supernetting Testing Suite IXIA, Spirent, Shundra, RFC2544 and IMIX/EMIX and test setup
• Knowledge of network packet capture and application latency mangement concepts and products, specifically Corvil, nPulse, SolarFlare, and Endace.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.