Credit e-trading Application Developer - Java
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
See job description for details
The Credit Electronic Execution team is a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for
electronic trading platform used by the Credit Trading business globally. The team designs, builds and enhances
electronic trading contribution and execution capabilities, working closely with the desk and with core technology
groups. Products include corporate bonds, single name and index CDS. Team members are based in EMEA and NA.
We are looking for an experienced application developer to help to build out and enhance the Credit electronic
trading platform to handle new products and venues. The role is based in London.
You will be part of small team and responsible for designing and implementing solutions and enhancements. The role
requires an experienced, well-rounded, self-motivated individual who enjoys working as part of a team. The
successful candidate will demonstrate deep technical knowledge, solid business understanding and excellent
communication skills. They must be comfortable working as a front-office developer in a high pressure, challenging,
dynamic working environment. The focus is on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing
environment: time to market is critical, but we cannot compromise on quality or performance.
· Develop robust, performant trading systems including building new applications & enriching existing
applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the electronic trading
· Work across entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation,
testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
· Understand end-to-end contribution, execution and post-trade flows across the electronic trading platform.
· Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing,
code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and "operatability".
· Sound understanding of fundamental computer science concepts and experience in real-time, high
performance and eTrading areas.
· Strong grasp of object oriented design and programming, multi-threaded programming and middleware
· Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to
quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
· Java programming expertise, with a strong background in delivering server-side enterprise projects
· Experience with SCM tools: Spring, Maven, Git.
· Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting.
· Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written
· The candidate will likely have 4-7 years experience in a trading environment with evidence of having
delivered successful technical solutions.
· Ideally educated to masters degree level in CS, Mathematics, engineering discipline or equivalent.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.