Corporate Governance Analyst
- Competitive base and bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Aug 17
An opportunity for an Corporate Governance Professional with anywhere from around 3-8 years' experience to join a leading global investment manager in their expanding London office.
We would like to hear from individuals with around 3-8 years' experience in Corporate Governance, either having worked for an asset manager a consulting firm (including one of the Big 4) operating in this space. Our client is a highly regarded investment manager with a collaborative working environment that rewards performance and offers excellent opportunity for personal development. There is an element of flexibility around the seniority of the individual who will be hired as there will be a high emphasis on team/cultural fit and potential as much as experience.
The ESG team makes voting decisions on behalf of the funds managed by our client, as well as the majority of segregated institutional clients who authorise the firm to vote on their behalf. Votes are cast in accordance with proxy voting guidelines. The post holder will review, analyse and formulate voting decisions for companies held in various funds and client portfolios.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Proxy Analysis, including analysis of company reports, proxy voting advisor services and internal/external research.
- Research and Report Writing, whereby the postholder will be detailing proxy voting decisions within the business, with particular focus on the investment group.
- Project management of new initiatives.
- Communication with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
We would ask applicants to have 5-8 years' solid experience within the Corporate Governance field, gained at an asset manager/pension fund or relevant consultancy. They should also:
- Have extremely good knowledge and experience of proxy voting.
- Possess detailed knowledge of corporate governance issues in developed markets.
- Be able to build relationships with senior individuals, both internally and externally.
- Possess project management skills and be motivated to constantly strive for innovation and improvement.
We would ask that applicants should already be based in the UK and possess the relevant skills/experience detailed above.