Consultant Business Analyst Capital Markets
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Catalyst Development
- 26 Sep 16
Queen’s Award winning consultancy seeks outstanding Business Analyst for fast track roles and great career development. Catalyst specialises in regulatory driven change and organisational improvement for financial markets clients. We work with the world’s biggest financial markets names from our London base.
Catalyst is recognised as one of financial services’ leading independent consultancies and has one of the sector’s most distinct blend of risk, regulation, change and people development skills. Our team includes world leading experts and we deliver transformational change across front, middle and back office functions providing clients with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex, challenging problems. Our delivery capabilities cover Clearing, Risk & Regulation, Organisational Development (operating model design, organisation and leadership development and training), and Core Consulting (Programme/Project Management, Business Analysis coupled with Operations & Technology domain expertise).
We are committed to being a great place to work and to employing, motivating, retaining and developing exceptional people. We offer progressive careers and excellent employee benefits in a politics-free, entrepreneurial, independent environment with the opportunity to contribute to - and benefit from – our considerable success and growing demand for our services.
We are looking for a number of business analysts who are passionate about building a successful career in consulting. This is an exciting opportunity to enter a consultancy which will encourage further development of your capabilities and help you apply your knowledge in a pragmatic, collaborative manner on client assignments. We will help you to develop into an exceptional consultant and support you throughout the process.
Consultants at Catalyst are our 'face' in the market. They are who our clients see and work with, and thus represent all that Catalyst stands for - consistent, exceptional delivery of business value by experienced practitioners. Primarily focused on the delivery of assignments to our client base, the role sees consultants collaborate closely with colleagues and clients, providing:
- analysis of problems/processes/data and ad-hoc advisory services
- presentation of issues, challenges, solutions, next stages etc
- requirements definition/gathering, analysis & documentation, including running or assisting in workshops
- definition and delivery of solutions - project/programme management, coordination and reporting of workstreams / programmes
- A recognised science-based degree
- Experience and knowledge of capital markets within a business analysis or change role
- Exposure to trade processing and some experience of financial products.
- Experience within Operations, Front Office, Finance or Technology in Financial Markets.
- A track record of liaison, communication and relationship building; able to manage internal / external clients and stakeholders consultatively and effectively
- Excellent communication skills - in particular listening, summarising and dissemination
- Ability to influence, negotiate and encourage decision-making
- Open, positive, pragmatic, collaborative approach in all client and team dealings
- Ability to operate successfully in change environments
- Strong work ethic and a real desire to succeed