Consultant - Capital Markets Regulatory Domain - London
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 25 Sep 16
The Future of Work is here—and you can be part of the company that's helping to shape it. Join Cognizant, #1 on Fortune's list of Fastest-Growing All-Stars.
The Future of Work is here—and you can be part of the company that's helping to shape it.
Join Cognizant, #1 on Fortune's list of Fastest-Growing All-Stars.
Cognizant's Banking & Financial Services Practice, serves 9 out of the top 10 European banks and 16 of the top 20 North American financial institutions.
Key purpose of the role: As a Program Manager and Consultant for a leading banking client, the candidate will have good knowledge on handling regulatory requirements in Capital Markets. The successful candidate is expected to provide SME knowledge in the field of regulatory requirements in marketing the securities line of business within the bank. The role holder will be actively encouraged to seek innovative ideas and fresh thinking for strategic technical solutions and enhancements to business needs and will be required to lead a large team of highly motivated individuals.
Role and Responsibilities include:
• Utilising good understanding of business analysis procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas to Independently analyse business client needs
• Formulating and define systems scope and objectives for moderately complex projects through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards.
• Assisting in redesigning business processes; translates business requirements into technical solutions; facilitates communication between business units and IT.
• Maintaining documentation requirements.
• Deriving and executing test cases to identify system issues and works with technologists to develop solutions
• Considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
Key skills and experience required include:
• Extensive consultant experience across a range of projects, programmes in capital markets
• Experience of managing regulatory projects within capital markets is must
• Expertise in a wide range of requirement elicitation and documentation techniques, using a range of methodologies
• Extensive experience of documenting use cases, functional specifications or similar
• Experience with system and user acceptance testing, including test management tools
• Experience of business process modelling and tools
• Strong communications skills
• Analytical and problem solver
• Experience of business process improvements and automation through the use of technology will be extremely advantageous.
• Proficiency in Java and familiarity with all phases of the SDLC will be advantageous
• Able to work as part of a virtual team in a culturally diverse background
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 233,000 employees as of March 31, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world