Compliance Monitoring and Testing Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Huxley Banking & Financial Services
- 14 Sep 17
Tier 1 Investment Bank in London are looking to hire an interim Compliance Monitoring and testing Consultant to join their Investment Banking division.
The team is primarily responsible for risk-based regulatory compliance and conduct testing across EMEA. Outcomes of reviews are focused on business practice improvements and not just on routine identification of areas of inconsistency against internal or external requirements. Also responsible for validating, reporting and tracking of progress against action plans established to mitigate findings.
The team tests the supervisory, administrative and operational controls associated with policies and procedures and independently assesses and reports on areas of potential reputational or regulatory risks. Conduct desk reviews, branch/office reviews and thematic reviews.
Plan for and manage the execution of compliance reviews according to the established review schedule and in accordance with the established review procedures
Supporting the development of an annual schedule of reviews based on inputs such as the outcomes of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment, discussions with Product Compliance, MI from previous reviews and own view of risks.
Identifying the scope and testing approach for reviews, including articulating sampling and test methods
Providing coverage for Investment Bank EMEA regions - including occasional travelling to perform on-site reviews.
Leading compliance reviews to include the following aspects:
- Validating compliance against established policies and procedures and applicable rule, standards and regulations.
- Identifying and articulating risks and required outcomes
- Developing recommendations for corrective action based on review findings.
- Working with Compliance officers and business management to gain recognition of findings and to agree appropriate corrective action plans.
- Writing high quality reports presenting review results, articulating the rationale for findings, the risks posed and actions required to address those risks.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com